How to sort by 'Due Date'

Would like to see the ability to sort by "Date Due."  Both on Web & IOS

If there is a way I'm teachable and if this is already a thread somewhere I'm ok with being moved . . . . thanks! 

skitch.png?resizeSmall&width=700

• Level 5*

If you have reminders (the only use of Evernote due dates that I am aware of), then in the web client, you can choose to sort by date (click on the little gear icon to see it).

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you Jim. We are all actually looking for sort-by-reminder (and not date), which in essence is good for those of us who create a workaround for to-do lists, by making a "tasks" notebook and thus having the ability to sort a list of action items in sequence of importance. The is doable in the web app version but not yet in the iOS. I appreciate your effort to help.

The web client and iOS client should support the same features for reminders. I'm not sure what you mean by sort-by-reminder, but if you're referring to the ability to drag to order reminders, that is supported on iOS.

Make sure that "Sort by Date" is unchecked, and tap the "Edit" button in the upper right. Tap and hold on the horizontal lines on the left side to reorder your reminders within a notebook. When the sorting options match on the web client and on iOS, the order of reminders should also match.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s5/sh/af589302-77a8-4bcf-a050-f3cbba4c3e73/1cff8f805b19ab4dac336bef1d45153c

Yes! Thank you Jim. As a new user, understanding that functionality was slightly unintuitive, but that experience is often typical with a powerful, feature-rich app. This is exactly what view I needed, thus my path now is: notes > reminder clock icon in bottom tray > in which it now "sorts-by-date" with the option to "edit" and slide-arrange. Thanks, again!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, but I cannot find a "sort by due date" function. I am using the web version. I want to be able to sort my list by what is coming due, not by the date I created the item. 

You should be able to "click-n-drag" the reminders in the order in which you want them.  Try it and see if it works.

@mwgerard:

This is easy to do:

• first, notes have to have a 'reminder' to sort by reminder. this is obvious but bears stating
  • click on the notes icon in the left column
    • this brings up notes
    • you may want to be sure "all notes" are selected and not just notes from a particular notebook
  • look for gear wheel in the upper right portion of your list of notes
  • select 'sort by reminder'
    • that's it. all notes that don't have reminders will list at the bottom of all those with reminders, since your are sorting by reminders
  • 6 months later...

Thanks all. I am using "reminders" as a work-around for this, but I really am hoping that Evernote will add a "due date" option. As a writer, I have things that I want to attached to deadlines. And the reminder list sorts by reminder date but it doesn't sort the entire notebook. 

It's a picky thing but it would really help me. 

Thanks so much for your help. 

• 4 months later...

Jzguest is correct - the function exists in the web version.  Its worth mentioning that that the 'gear' shows up when viewing notes in the snippets view option.  The snippets view option has a section just for reminders. The view sort can be set by reminder (due) date.

I would like to see a reminders section available somewhere in the list view. Or, even better, define the view option (snippet or list) per notebook.

Archived