"The applications access was revoked via Evernote web service"

For a company that overall does such a good job at usability, this is unnecessary tech speak that is going to confuse some users.  How about "we log you out every 2 weeks to protect you, you need to log in again" (or whatever the rule you have set it) or "you need to login again", or something in simple clear language?

• 4 months later...

Are you seeing this every 2 weeks? And what version of Evernote are you on? (And which clients do you use?)

You should see that message if you have logged into the evernote.com, and revoked access to a particular client. For example, if you lost your Android phone, you could revoke access to it without forcing a login on all your other clients.

If you're seeing this in a scenario different than that... well  myself and a bunch of nerds would really like to look into it

I'm seeing this roughly every two weeks (but not sure about that timing), after I've rebooted my Mac, and the Evernote client starts up.    I'm on Version 5.4.2 (402146) at the moment.   I use the desktop version almost exclusively, and the mobile versions rarely (once a week or so).

Here's what happens:

I reboot the Mac and I launch Evernote.  Evernote asks me to log-in, the normal way.

I'll provide correct credentials, and then a minute later, I'll see this message, and be asked for my password yet again.  

Subsequently, everything is okay  (until the next reboot after a long period).

Thanks Dlu!

I'm seeing this roughly every two weeks (but not sure about that timing), after I've rebooted my Mac, and the Evernote client starts up.    I'm on Version 5.4.2 (402146) at the moment.   I use the desktop version almost exclusively, and the mobile versions rarely (once a week or so).

Here's what happens:

I reboot the Mac and I launch Evernote.  Evernote asks me to log-in, the normal way.

I'll provide correct credentials, and then a minute later, I'll see this message, and be asked for my password yet again.  

Subsequently, everything is okay  (until the next reboot after a long period).

Thanks Dlu!

Will forward onto the Mac team

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I posted this back in July I was seeing this message pop up at what I assumed was a 1 or 2 week interval, I assumed the password was only saved for that amount of time.  Since then the occurrence is less often, I experience it rarely but it still happens.  It happens infrequently now and is only a minor irritation, so not important enough to spend time going back and forth with tech support about it...

It is either happening on the last Windows 4.x version, or on Mac (or maybe on both), I really haven't paid attention.

• 3 months later...

I'd recommend some company identification in the message.  When I see something like, "The application was ..." I get very suspicious and I immediately think "phishing."

I'd also like to have a visual clue as to why the access was revoked?  Was another computer logging into Evernote that has not done so before?  Has the time-period elapsed that is required between logins?   It is a bit disconcerting to have to login for apparently no reason while you in the middle of typing a note.

• 5 weeks later...

Can I just say that I'm sick and tired of seeing this message.  I don't even want to enter my password when I launch the app for the first time on my laptop after a reboot, but to always have the access be revoked within about 10 minutes and then have to go and enter the password again gets really frustrating.  I don't reboot that often but this has been going on and on like this for ages and I'd just like to see it fixed.

OSX 19.9.3, latest Evernote on the App Store (5.5.1 402628)

Reading back in this thread, it seems like this is exactly what some other people have reported, it would be nice if someone (say Evernote support) linked the solution here as well since it's the #1 hit on google when you search for the error message.

Reading back in this thread, it seems like this is exactly what some other people have reported, it would be nice if someone (say Evernote support) linked the solution here as well since it's the #1 hit on google when you search for the error message.

I feel pretty special to know that my thread has achieved #1 hit status on Google for this issue :D.

Exactly. I too am seeing this issue, almost every time I use Evernote on my Mac (once or twice a week these days). It is driving me nuts. I do not need to continually login on my iphone, ipad or PC just the Mac. 

Is there a solution out there for this issue?

I feel pretty special to know that my thread has achieved #1 hit status on Google for this issue :D.

• Level 5

We're unable to reproduce this internally. I'd appreciate anyone PMing me with their activity logs immediately after the dialog appears along with the last previous actions taken in their clients.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

If Evernote was investigating a bug with the Mac client in June, they didn't fix it in the recent 6.0.1 release. Every time I try to use my Mac client, I get the error message "This application's access was revoked via the Evernote web service. Please re-enter your password." I re-enter my password multiple times, but the message keeps popping up. I can cancel out of the message and everything looks okay. Then 15 minutes later the password box will pop up again and make the Evernote dock icon bounce until I go cancel it again. Very annoying.

• 1 year later...

I am getting the same issue recently on my mac (10.11) with evernote 6.4. It asks you to enter password every 10-15 minutes, although you can simply cancel it, it is still very annoy..

Please try to fix it, thanks!

52EA411A-698F-4555-B186-048A0393E288.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-13 at 10.45.36.png

Archived