Evernote5 for iPad: multiple tag selection gone?

Just upgraded to the new version of Evernote. I like the layout, which is very handy for all my recipes, however, all my recipes are tagged with multiple tags in order to quickly select the right one. In order to do so I need to be able to select multiple tags in the TAG tab. Previously this was part of Evernote on the iPad. Right now I can't find it.

Is it still in or has it been removed? If removed, please bring it back in since single tag selection doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

• Level 5

Except that he'll have to construct that search on the desktop, or log into the website, and sync the saved search over to the ipad to use it.

Sucks, but that's what I do.

The other method is to create a note of saved searches, then you can copy the string (tweak if needed) and paste it into the search field.

You can also copy this into a note for a construction reference

Evernote Cheat Sheet by senseful - Cheatography.com

There are apps out there that do a great job in drilling down to a note using multiple tags - like Hayabusa. This is the way I would want to see Evernote work as well to treat tags.

The save search workaround for sure works....however, it's a clumsy way of working with Tags.

Agreed - annoying! Let's hope it comes back soon. That was a great feature of the previous incarnation.

For example, I have a "to do" notebook and I want to filter it by "Now" and "Project name" (as per The Secret Weapon - thesectretweapon.net). I used to be able to do that easily and it made sorting out my to do list on a train journey a breeze.

Now, with muliptle tags being harder it will be less of a breeze.

I'll use the workaround - thanks for that - but hope this ability is reintroduced. :-)

I'll look for a "feature request" list around here and add my vote.

Cheers!

Malc

• 4 months later...

Evernote...what have you done!?

I was drawn to Evernote via the "The Secret Weapon" manifesto and fell in love with the tagging and notebook functionalities. Every note taking application allows you to store information but if I can't retrieve it quickly
then its back to the old Filofax. One designation (tag, notebook, date, place) is not enough. You MUST be able to use a combination of either. Evernote did this really well!

Example: I want all the items tagged "Now" AND "Home" and "Me" in my main "Cabinet" notebook. I don't want items in the "For Reference" or "Complete" notebooks.

Now I have an EVERNOTE SHOEBOX. Evernote was designed to store EVERY note forEVER but how am I supposed to find the CURRENT notes if my view is cluttered by EVERY note.

The Evernote 5 upgrade was a big improvement in layout but please add this feature back in on the iPad and iPhone before the noise of elephants stampeding becomes deafening.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

To be honest I couldn't find how this feature works/worked... Am I right that you have to edit the tags as if you are are about to delete one?

In any case I'll add it to the lost features list.

• 3 months later...

I don't like the excuse "trunk has it"  but the Bubble Browser is a **great** app, I'd give it a spin. On it you can simply double tap any number of attributes such as tags or notebooks and see relevant notes. Neat app, highly recommend while this is not working on the main app, but also for other ways to interact with your notes

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right place to post this....   Regarding multiple searching of tags, I created a any:tag:@errands tag:@home and so on, about 12 tags in total on my iMac. Sync and when selected in the iPhone and iPad App, EN freezes.  Whats more if I drag that saved search to the shortcuts (on my iMac), The iPhone/iPad EN freezes on start up, making the App completely useless. 

Has anyone else had this problem?

For now I've removed this saved search from the shortcuts and simply don't select it in the saved searches on iPhone/iPad

• 1 year later...

Archived