(Archived) HELP: Which software program is best to use to enlarge print?

shelbyw7

Idea

I just started using Evernote. In checking the posts it appears that I am unable to enlarge print for easier reading using Evernote. You can evidently copy and paste to a program which does enlarge print for reading. I only have Ipages on my computer, and I don't believe that it will work. Can someone tell me what program I need to be able to copy, and paste to so that I will be able to enlarge the print???

Any help is appreciated!!!

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

In Windows, Evernote Clearly allows a variety of viewable sizes. I believe it functions the same way in Mac.

4 different themes

3 different font sizes - small, medium, and large

• Level 5*

Clearly only works on web pages in your browser. Unless you can copy your existing note content from Evernote to a web page, that's not going to help the original poster. Let's face it, if it were that simple, you wouldn't need Clearly for that anyways, since most browsers already have zooming functions.

Original poster should check into the default font setting that Evernote is configured for, which might alleviate some of the issue. In Windows, it's Tools / Options / Note : Note Editor Font. Don't know if there's a comparable setting for the Mac, or how it might be accessed.

• Level 5*

I just started using Evernote. In checking the posts it appears that I am unable to enlarge print for easier reading using Evernote. You can evidently copy and paste to a program which does enlarge print for reading. I only have Ipages on my computer, and I don't believe that it will work. Can someone tell me what program I need to be able to copy, and paste to so that I will be able to enlarge the print???

Any help is appreciated!!!

Hi. Welcome to the forums!

You can easily enlarge text by selecting it and changing the size of the font, or pressing CMD+. Alternatively, you could just set the default size of note text in Preferences -> Formatting -> Note Text. There is no native zoom feature (a way to enlarge text without increasing the text size).

On a Mac, you can also use the zoom feature in Universal Access (found in System Preferences). After enabling it, it gives you a keyboard shortcut to zoom the entire screen. Not the most elegant solution (and possibly a bit blurry) but it'll work in a pinch if you don't want to change your font size.

Archived