How To Control Mouse Scrolling Rate/Speed/Step?

I think you mean is there is the possibility to scroll down the note, automatically at a given rate, like in a ebook reader software. If this is what you asked, I believed that Evernote is not able to do that. I would be a great feature to add.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Still no option?

When I scroll in Ultraedit, it scrolls 3 lines at once. In the Source View of Mails in Thunderbird its 6.

But in Evernote its 12 or 13 lines! I just had copied a lot of similar looking text with some empty lines in between into Evernote. When I scroll i get completely lost, where I am. 12 is absolutely not usefull.

It's really annoying that Evernote has so many features but lacks in some fundamental ones (e.g. text editing) or this here.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same prolem.  I have a Logitech M525 and have had the same problem with other mice.  Every place else in Windows 7 the scrolling is fine.  Even when I scroll in the snippets window of Evernote the scrolling is very smooth.  But when I get into the Notes frame scrolling suddenly starts jumping and it moves half a page for each scroll click.  Really is annoying.  They have had this problem for years and still have not been able to find a solution for it.

• 1 month later...

I have the same prolem.  I have a Logitech M525 and have had the same problem with other mice.  Every place else in Windows 7 the scrolling is fine.  Even when I scroll in the snippets window of Evernote the scrolling is very smooth.  But when I get into the Notes frame scrolling suddenly starts jumping and it moves half a page for each scroll click.  Really is annoying.  They have had this problem for years and still have not been able to find a solution for it.

Evernote's lack of smooth scrolling has really annoyed me and it seems that one notch of scrolling down on my mouse wheel acts like 3 notches.  This "multiplying" behavior seems to occur in Evernote only.

The bigger problem in my opinion is actually Window's lack of smooth scrolling within the OS itself!  Windows it seems does not have smooth scrolling when it comes to using a wheel mouse and the apps that do bring it in using their own APIs from what I can tell.  I'm running Windows 8.1 on a clean system by the way... nothing affecting my operating system's behavior.

For example, Firefox scrolls smoothly.  Microsoft Word scrolls smoothly.

But, Chrome does not scroll smoothly.  A previous version of Chrome offered a configuration flag to allow for smooth scrolling, but they removed it sometime in early 2014 (ugh):

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/bIok0zc8xBo

Of course, there are extensions to alleviate this such as the following (which I personally refuse to install due to technical reasons related to web development and certain edge-case conflicts I hit given what I do):

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chromium-wheel-smooth-scr/khpcanbeojalbkpgpmjpdkjnkfcgfkhb?hl=en

Logitech offers its SetPoint software, however I refuse to install this due to my effort to reduce bloat and run a clean system.

So, what is a solution that you can use for Evernote?  I found a nice little program called KatMouse:

http://ehiti.de/katmouse/

Simply put, it will allow you to choose how many lines your mousewheel scrolls down on per application, not on a system-wide level!  This means you can have Evernote specifically scroll "1 line" per mousewheel notch, and 3 lines for all other programs.

Now, this won't fix the smoothness of the scroll, but when each mousewheel notch equates to 1 line being moved down at a time, it is a lot less jarring and upsetting on your eyes.  It's very aggravating when that happens and has pissed me off for 2 years straight.

KatMouse also has a sweet feature whereby you can scroll a window that is not in focus.  Video demonstration here:

Hopefully this is helpful to anyone who's reading this.

Jonathan

• Like 3
  • 10 months later...

Does anybody know if there is finally a solution to this. Just started to use evernote a bit more again and it's so hard to work on longer texts, especially if the text layout is rather homogeneous.

Every other programms scolls 3 lines, but Evernote 12!

Line numbers would also be fine to not become lost in evernote notes.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

If there is a solution to this issue, I'd be greatly appreciative to learn what it is. This problem is so frustrating as it prohibits me from using evernote in windows altogether. I use evernote windows on my laptop with touchpad and its nearly impossible to scroll down through a long note or long list of notebooks. It literally takes a good 2.5 minutes to accurately zero in on a specific note.

• 2 years later...

Seriously? The Windows desktop is still doing this in the next decade? I am using a touch pad, and I can't annotate this PDF because I'm jumping from page to page - the only solution is to keep changing the zoom levels to see the text at the bottom of a page. How hard is this to implement?