(Archived) Entire page

woodedareas

Idea

I simply have been unable to figure out how to add a web article that might have several pages. I would like to be able to scroll down on evernote and read all 3 pages. I have been able to do the rest.

Also how do I add a picture and size it properly?

Would appreciate any help?

Thanks

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Capture the 3 pages as 3 notes, then merge the 3 notes into 1 note.

If the the page separator bars in the merged note are a bother, you edit them out.

• Level 5*

Or if you are using Safari and the page supports it... use Reader and either copy and paste into a note or email it into your Evernote account.

Just drag your picture in - Evernote will format it to display in your note, this won't affect the actual file size. If you want to change the image, right click on it and open with Preview or whatever image editor you use, make your changes then save.

• Level 5
Also, most multi-page articles have a printer-friendly view, where most other elements are stripped from the page and all of the content is together. If not, use the other suggestions too.

Excellent point. That is what I try to do.

Unfortunately there are some websites that don't offer the printer-friendly (single page) option.

They do this just to artificially increase their page-view counts. From a user's perspective, I hope this foul practice does not expand.

Unfortunately there are some websites that don't offer the printer-friendly (single page) option.

They do this just to artificially increase their page-view counts. From a user's perspective, I hope this foul practice does not expand.

Or... It could simply be they don't offer that as an option.

I would also venture to say that attempting to get increased hits hardly qualifies as "foul".

How do you merge several notes into one. Sorry for mu lack of knowledge. This forum is very helpful.

Thanks

In the Windows client, select the notes & then right click, merge. I don't know if the Mac client functions the same way, but I'd guess it's similar.

• Level 5*
How do you merge several notes into one. Sorry for mu lack of knowledge. This forum is very helpful.

Thanks

In the Windows client, select the notes & then right click, merge. I don't know if the Mac client functions the same way, but I'd guess it's similar.

Just like that...

Archived