(Archived) Cant search phrases

Mata Hari

Idea

Suppose I search for "EVER NOTE" in all notes. What do I get ?

I get EVER, NOTE, EVER NOTE. Lots of Notes. Impossible to filter out EVER NOTE ?

If I make such a search in Work , I get EVER NOTE only.

EN search capabilities are very primitive

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

If you search for "EVER NOTE", with double quotes surrounding the two words, you should get back notes that contain that exact text phrase, rather than notes that contain "EVER" and "NOTE". If you leave the double quotes off, then you get what you observed.

NO !not in Mac, not in Windows. Although it may sometimes work in Windows, but mostly I get no hit except notes without hit. It is such an annoying feature that makes it very difficult to use EN for larger text mass.

EN is OK if you have less than 100 short notes, but is getting difficult to search when it gets larger.

• Level 5

EN is OK if you have less than 100 short notes, but is getting difficult to search when it gets larger.

I've got 10,000+ notes and can't duplicate the problem. Other people rave about the Evernote search capability and they have many more notes than I have. Something does not sound right.

I believe what happens is that it shows only the notes that contain "Ever Note" but within those notes, it will highlight instances of Ever, Note and "Ever Note"

I'll try it on another account and a different machine. Please let me know if I'm mistaken

• Level 5

It would be interesting if it turns out that the problem shows up on Macs, but not Windows.

Here is what is highlighted on my Windows client when I search for "EVER NOTE".

Diu wrote:

I believe what happens is that it shows only the notes that contain "Ever Note" but within those notes, it will highlight instances of Ever, Note and "Ever Note"

I tried again, it seems correct as you say. Is it possible to exclude the instances of Ever and Note ?

Compared to the WIndows version, there was no problem there.

So I do not understand why this discrepancy Mac - Windows EN

Try searching 45 whent it is occuriing in the number 12345
You will not find it.
EN can find 12,   but not 23 etc

Stupid Cupid...EN

Try searching @ - EN does not find it and similar

Stupid Cupid.... EN

Searching should also show the Notebook i e the location in the EN hierarchy.
Actually it does, but with a very faint text, hard to notice.
To open that folder -  press the Clear button and I expected to see the list of that folder.
But no, it is not so. You have to klick your way arround to open that folder
Stupid Cupid....EN

Archived