(Archived) Question about the mothly usage quota

I understand the principle that there is is a limit to how much (kilobytes of content, not number of notes) can be sync'd over the course of a month, but not a limit to the total amount of content you can have stored altogether. Which, if any, of the following contribute to the sync quota?

• [*:2dsmh4li]adding/removing tags
    [*:2dsmh4li]adding/editing/deleting a url to the note's metadata
    [*:2dsmh4li]deleting a note
    [*:2dsmh4li]moving a note from one notebook to another
    [*:2dsmh4li]editing the title of a note
    [*:2dsmh4li]editing the body of a note
    [*:2dsmh4li]accessing a note on a different platform

Some helpful info that explains better than I could :D

http://www.evernote.com/about/kb/articl ... ce?lang=en

And:

The allowance is based on the amount of data you send to us, not the total amount stored on our drives ... so if you send us 3MB of data, and then delete these notes, it will still count against your monthly upload allowance.

If you upgrade to premium, we restart the current "month" on the day you subscribe, which effectively resets the amount you've used so you can start over. This gives you a little bit "for free" when you upgrade ... you could think of this as a little bonus!

http://evernote.com/about/support/qa.php#monthlyupload

http://blog.evernote.com/2008/06/14/mon ... allowance/

So anything that you upload to EN is counted. I'm not exactly sure how editing factors in though...

I just tried adding a big photo file in a new note. The size of the file was added to my monthly usage immediately (even before it had synced, and wasn't removed even if I deleted the note without it syncing). Once I'd synced it, editing tags or adding a few words of text didn't cause the whole image to be counted again - and the sync was very quick, not like the original upload.

The size of the file was added to my monthly usage immediately (even before it had synced, and wasn't removed even if I deleted the note without it syncing).

I believe if you empty your trash the usage for an un-synchronized note will be removed. The quota is updated with the assumption you might want to undelete the note and synchronize it at some point in the future.

I believe if you empty your trash the usage for an un-synchronized note will be removed. The quota is updated with the assumption you might want to undelete the note and synchronize it at some point in the future.

Thank you - that's useful to know.

I understand the principle that there is is a limit to how much (kilobytes of content, not number of notes) can be sync'd over the course of a month, but not a limit to the total amount of content you can have stored altogether. Which, if any, of the following contribute to the sync quota?

• [*:271l125p]adding/removing tags
    [*:271l125p]adding/editing/deleting a url to the note's metadata
    [*:271l125p]deleting a note
    [*:271l125p]moving a note from one notebook to another
    [*:271l125p]editing the title of a note
    [*:271l125p]editing the body of a note
    [*:271l125p]accessing a note on a different platform

The way I understand it, any editing of the title, meta data or note makes the entire note go against your upload. I don't know about adding/removing tags or changing notebooks.

Deleting a note or simply looking at the note does not.

Archived