(Archived) How do I find the size of my database?

What client are you using? In the Windows client, tools/options/general tab shows you where your database is located. You can then view that folder in Explorer to get the exb and/or folder file sizes.

Thanks..helpful as getting an iPad and wondered how much space it would take up for offline use...wonder if it's the same amt of space on iOS for the iPad?...

Thanks..helpful as getting an iPad and wondered how much space it would take up for offline use...wonder if it's the same amt of space on iOS for the iPad?...

I can't tell you specifics b/c I don't know how to tell the file sizes attributed to an app on an iDevice. However, my Evernote exb file is 7.5 gigs & I have very few local notes. So it's probably safe to count my sync'd EN database as 7.5 gigs & growing every day. :D And, I have all my sync'd notebooks set as offline notebooks on my 32 gb iPhone 4. I have a lot of apps on the iPhone and some docs stored locally in Dropbox & Quickoffice. I still have 16 gb available. I know that's not terribly helpful. But I'd imagine the size of the db on the iDevice would have to be pretty close to what it is on your desktop, excluding local notebooks. The nifty thing is (at least on the iPhone) that in the offline notebook section, it shows you the size of each notebook. So if you end up running short on space ( :shock: :shock: :shock: ), you could switch some notebooks that are pretty large but not necessarily needed offline.

PS - per the "about" page on my iPhone, the capacity is 29.1, so you have to include a few gigs for overhead, too.

If you post your question on the forum for your operating system and/or client software, you can get a more exact answer. Each Evernote client stores data differently.

• 1 month later...

Archived