(Archived) Sharing just one single note

Hello.

I've been searching for this feature, but I haven't been able to find anything.

I've just created a new note in one non-public notebook. Am I able to share that single note with specific people? I mean, can I give a link (or something like that) to those I want to share that note with? I am speaking of people that maybe don't have an Evernote account, of course.

Is that possible?? How??

If not, which alternatives do I have?

Thank you in advance.

Thank you for your answer, BurgersNFries.

I just wanted to share one single note, that's why I didn't bother about "sharing notebooks", what I did search before asking, in fact.

So, the only way to share notes with people without an Evernote account is making a public notebook, isn't it??

• Level 5*
I just wanted to share one single note, that's why I didn't bother about "sharing notebooks", what I did search before asking, in fact.

The atomic unit of sharing in Evernote is the notebook. You can't share a single note without sharing a notebook. That may not have been obvious.

So, the only way to share notes with people without an Evernote account is making a public notebook, isn't it??
You would need to put the note into a shared notebook & then share that notebook with the people you want to be able to access it. They would need Evernote accounts.

(emphasis mine)

You would need to put the note into a shared notebook & then share that notebook with the people you want to be able to access it. They would need Evernote accounts.

(emphasis mine)

Jefito,

I was speaking about two different things, and this maybe was not obvious to you.

First thing I was asking for (in my first message of this thread) was sharing with selected people by means of a direct link to the note (or the notebook), while keeping the notebook private for the rest of the world. That can be only done if those selected people have an Evernote account, or at least that's what I understood. That's called sharing a notebook, isn't it??

But then I asked about public notebooks, like this one of mine, that can be reached and watched by anyone who has the address, even if he/she doesn't know anything about Evernote: http://www.evernote.com/pub/vicentginer/on_the_fly . And I suppose it can be indexed by Google and so on, I mean, it is not private at all; it has an URL which is very easy to find out.

It is possible I haven't understood "the whole thing" right, but I do have a public notebook (the one I've just written above). That's why I said:

Sorry I was not being clear enough.

Emphasis mine, of course. I was tempted to use CAPITALS instead, but that would have been regarded as a little bit unpolite.

• Level 5*
I was speaking about two different things, and this maybe was not obvious to you.

You're right -- I completely missed the change from shared to public notebooks. My fault entirely. Apologies. (emphasis definitely mine).

The upshot, I guess, is still that in order to share a single note from a shared notebook, you still need to share the notebook that contains it. It appears that you can link to a single note in a public notebook without the recipient needing to have an Evernote account, though they can still see the contents of the entire notebook by clicking on the 'View Notes" button. Does that make sense to you?

Thanks for the feedback, we're definitely considering solutions for something like this in the future. I.e. if you want to casually send a link to a single note without publishing the entire notebook.

Thanks for the feedback, we're definitely considering solutions for something like this in the future. I.e. if you want to casually send a link to a single note without publishing the entire notebook.

Thank you, Engberg. At least, you think it is an interesting feature.

• 3 months later...

Hi.

I am writting just to say that I think it IS actually possible NOW to share single notes from Evernote even to people that don't have an Evernote account.

This is just an example. Check it, please, and let me know if it works:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s1/sh/8a ... 7c41ea0dda

I am sharing a note from my "inbox" notebook, that is not public at the moment, obviously.

This is a great new feature! :P

Check it, please, and let me know if it works:

Yes, I can access your note, and there is no link to access other notes. Interestingly, there is a titelbar that contains a "Like" button, but I don't think it refers to the note, but to Evernote as a whole. This is confusing. There is another "Like" button in the details panel, but I can't tell whether it refers to the note or to Evernote itself (I did not click on it, though).

Check it, please, and let me know if it works:

Yes, I can access your note, and there is no link to access other notes. Interestingly, there is a titelbar that contains a "Like" button, but I don't think it refers to the note, but to Evernote as a whole. This is confusing. There is another "Like" button in the details panel, but I can't tell whether it refers to the note or to Evernote itself (I did not click on it, though).

I've tried it, and actually both "Like" buttons are the same one (I mean, when you click one of them, the other one is also "clicked"), I mean, both refer to the same link: THE note you are seeing. So, anyone that has the link to that note (and that owns a Facebook account) can easily share that link address with the world.

I am sorry to ask but, is this new feature reported or documented anywhere??

both refer to the same link: THE note you are seeing

Is it possible that your note has over 80,000 likes already? I think it more likely refers to Likes of Evernote, not to the note, but i don't want to presuppose your popularity. :P

both refer to the same link: THE note you are seeing

Is it possible that your note has over 80,000 likes already? I think it more likely refers to Likes of Evernote, not to the note, but i don't want to presuppose your popularity. :P

Yes, you are right. I think the top "I LIKE" button refers to Evernote in general, but the one on the right (that appears when selecting "Show details") seems to point to the note itself, as it has a count of just 1 like, at the moment. :)

So, I was wrong.

Archived