Important change to your Evernote subscription

Thanks for confirming that!  I was just checking my account this morning (to see how to cancel) and it only shows plans that are more costly than my current plan.

I was successful in exporting my 'notebooks' to .enex AND .html formats.  I was able to use the HTML files and created Google Docs for all my notebooks.  Looks like this will work well for my requirements.

After 15 years, it's time to say Goodbye to Evernote.  

12 hours ago, mrb186 said:

Thanks for confirming that!  I was just checking my account this morning (to see how to cancel) and it only shows plans that are more costly than my current plan.

I was successful in exporting my 'notebooks' to .enex AND .html formats.  I was able to use the HTML files and created Google Docs for all my notebooks.  Looks like this will work well for my requirements.

After 15 years, it's time to say Goodbye to Evernote.  

Such a bizarre font to use to announce a departure. Thanks for the entertainment. I needed a laugh tonight. 

• Like 1
On 9/5/2024 at 4:18 AM, PinkElephant said:

The forum is no airport - departures do not need to be announced.

I would think any company developing software, that feedback on why someone is leaving after a being long term subscriber would be valuable info.

Also his post was straight to the points of why he is leaving without going off in a rant, unlike some on here. 🙂

Yes this is a user forum too but I a sure it is read by Evernote staff from time to time.

• Level 5

Big surprise: Too costly to continue ...

This information is plain anecdotal. Nobody can draw any conclusions from it, not even for this individual case.

And no, we don't have an indication EN staff is a frequent reader here. Especially not to look after departure notes. They don't need to - they have all the hard facts, like renewal rates and conversions to paid plans. Spares them the whining ...

I would imagine they are ignoring the whining while they rake in millions in revenue due to having a profitable business finally while acquiring multiple other companies. Bending Spoons is like if Google had a baby with Berkshire Hathaway. They buy struggling companies, turn them around using their expertise and add them to their portfolio of profitable brands. Yes they usually lay off the original staff and raise prices, but they also fix what is broken and make the products better rather than them going bankrupt with their original owners, which was going to happen with Evernote. 

Evernote could be cheap or free today, but gone tomorrow-- with your data. You get what you pay for. In other words: GOODBYE EVERNOTE 🤣

16 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Big surprise: Too costly to continue ...

This information is plain anecdotal. Nobody can draw any conclusions from it, not even for this individual case.

And no, we don't have an indication EN staff is a frequent reader here. Especially not to look after departure notes. They don't need to - they have all the hard facts, like renewal rates and conversions to paid plans. Spares them the whining ...

A lot of software lately I uninstall has a questionnaire that pops up asking for reasons why I am uninstalling it.

I can only assume it could be helpful to them.

36 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

And no, we don't have an indication EN staff is a frequent reader here.

Now that would be a huge surprise to me since forever I have seen they have linked this forum to their homepage.

You would think any company linking a forum, would want to know what posts are in them?

3 minutes ago, rocky500 said:

Now that would be a huge surprise to me since forever I have seen they have linked this forum to their homepage.

You would think any company linking a forum, would want to know what posts are in them?

Federico used to post here regularly not too long ago, however suddenly when people started coming in here b*tching about literally every single thing they did, likely not wanting to deal with abuse he stopped posting.

Just now, mackid1993 said:

Federico used to post here regularly not too long ago, however suddenly when people started coming in here b*tching about literally every single thing they did, likely not wanting to deal with abuse he stopped posting.

Very different things posting and to just reading though the posts.

1 minute ago, rocky500 said:

Very different things posting and to just reading though the posts.

There is no indication that they read what is going on here. If you want to reach them they do read what goes to feedback@evernote.com although you will not get a response. This is meant to be a community space, BS staff doesn't do much here besides pay the bills. It's even moderated by community members.

6 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

There is no indication that they read what is going on here. If you want to reach them they do read what goes to feedback@evernote.com although you will not get a response. This is meant to be a community space, BS staff doesn't do much here besides pay the bills. It's even moderated by community members.

Your saying they pay the bills for the forum and link to it of their homepage and you think they may not read them. :)

3 minutes ago, rocky500 said:

Your saying they pay the bills for the forum and link to it of their homepage and you think they may not read them. :)

Oy, I guess you aren't reading what any of us who are regulars here are saying... good luck to you then.

• Haha 1