"Shared with others"

BobbyNY

Idea

11 replies to this idea

3 minutes ago, BobbyNY said:

Create a sidebar item called "Shared with others" where users can see a list of all the notes they have shared with others.

My response won't surprise you!

Notes shared with any specific person

sharedwith:*

Notes shared with everybody (what EN now calls "publish to the web")

sharedate:*

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Mike P said:

My response won't surprise you!

Notes shared with any specific person

sharedwith:*

Notes shared with everybody (what EN now calls "publish to the web")

sharedate:*

Thank you! This works for me, but Evernote should consider creating an easy-to-use option for all users.

7 minutes ago, BobbyNY said:

but Evernote should consider creating an easy-to-use option for all users.

All users can use the advanced search syntax, it is reasonably well documented in the help website. I agree it may not be that easy to use, but less used searches probably shouldn't be allowed to clutter up the basic search. Different users will obviously have a different view as to whether a particular search is less used. Some searches, like these ones, which don't change can be saved and even added to shortcuts to make them more accessible.

20 minutes ago, VincentC said:

Do it once and save the search.  Doesn't seem that hard to me.

Vinnie

Thank you! This works for me, but Evernote has over 250 million users, and we must consider everyone's convenience / inconvenience. I estimate that 100 million users will benefit from this feature. 

• Level 5*
36 minutes ago, BobbyNY said:

I estimate that 100 million users will benefit from this feature

That's quite the survey you did 🙂.  The built-in UI filter options are pretty complete for most users.  There are numerous other, powerful options that I also have trouble remembering the syntax for, but I can look them up (with the link saved to Evernote)  and for any that I may regularly use, adding it as a saved search, that is readily available on the sidebar is IMO, a nice middle ground.  Adding many other options to the UI filter would start to make it less useable. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

That's quite the survey you did 🙂.  The built-in UI filter options are pretty complete for most users.  There are numerous other, powerful options that I also have trouble remembering the syntax for, but I can look them up (with the link saved to Evernote)  and for any that I may regularly use, adding it as a saved search, that is readily available on the sidebar is IMO, a nice middle ground.  Adding many other options to the UI filter would start to make it less useable. 

Just an estimate, my brother/sister. 🙂

I worked with a few hundred people on a particular project two years ago and was frequently surprised by how many people faced technical challenges. I had a hard time believing my eyes and ears on how many people did not know something as simple as saving or printing an email to PDF. Those who are tech-savvy or super users — which is most people on this or any software-related forum — usually have no idea how many people can be tech-challenged.

We live in the tech world. There is another world out there that struggles with tech. 🙂

• Level 5

You seem to be unable to post anything in regular, plain font. Having a problem with your self esteem ?

The 250 million users were one of these hot air balloons typical for a VC oriented communication. Look, how many we have got already ! Watch our growth !

What nobody told: Don’t watch our burn rate ! We desperately need money again ….

It showed that most counts were not paying a dime, aka Free. And most subscriptions ran on grandfathered or rebated subscriptions.

Not a success story as time did tell.

I doubt at the current level EN needs to worry about users receiving a share. It will open in a browser just fine. Who is unable to click on a link and watch the content in a browser tab can still do something else. I’m just out of ideas what …

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, BobbyNY said:

Those who are tech-savvy or super users — which is most people on this or any software-related forum — usually have no idea how many people can be tech-challenged.

I'm married to one, trust me, I know 😀.

With their current pricing plan, I would suggest that Evernote is not best suited for a casual, tech-challenged user.  There are less expensive options that may be a better fit out there for those users.  Whether Evernote "should" have a plan for less technical users is another discussion.

18 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

I would suggest that Evernote is not best suited for a casual, tech-challenged user.

Such users are already using Evernote... They just don't want to take several steps to achieve something. For example, small business owners and entrepreneurs who have a lot on their minds and simply need and want the damn thing to work. 😅