Problems with seeing who a note is shared with.

On several of my notes and notebooks I have "shared" the notes with others but now want to see who I have shared them with.  If I right-click the notebook in the left pain or if I click the green shared icon it brings me to the same screen below which says it is shared with 2 but then only shows my name and then gives me the option to select someone else.  I have updated evernote and quit and restarted it and I get the same results: I can not find a way to see who I have shared my notes with.ScreenShot2024-07-31at10_48_03AM.thumb.jpeg.d0a2516441c45dcf039296a4f106f6fd.jpeg

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote leaves much of the admin of sharing to the user - what's your Evernote version number? 

I tend to share things by creating a new notebook for the share-ee and then moving copies of notes into and out of that notebook as required.  I'm always clear what is shared and to whom,  and I don't accidentally delete something that I shared. 

Depending on what you've shared,  and to whom,  it might be easier just to UNshare those notes and see who (if anyone) complains.

Also, from other sources, I believe  that Evernote is actually working on sharing.  This might be a good time to use feedback@evernote.com to let Evernote know about your experience and what they might think about improving from your perspective.

Vinnie

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@pjbaker For me if a note is shared individually, the recipients will show in the note sharing.

If a whole notebook is shared, I need to go to the notebooks section and look up the share there. It will not completely show on the notes inside of the notebook.

So either your shares are somehow broken (defective local database), or you need to look in another section.