Evernote re-installs the same update every time I open it on a Windows 11 PC

How to I stop Evernote from re-installubg the same update every time I open it on a Windows 11 PC?  This is an incredible waste of my time as it keeps installing the same update.  Thank you,

• Level 5*

Hi.  I assume you're not a Teams (business) user,  so please share your device, and OS/ Evernote version numbers.  The most likely explanation here is probably that you're clicking on the installer file directly,  rather than an Evernote shortcut.  The simplest fix would be to uninstall the application completely using Revo Uninstaller Free (Windows) or Appcleaner (Mac),  power your device off and on again to clear temporary storage,  and re-download / reinstall the application from Evernote.com.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on version 10.96.5.  Also, I am not clicking on the installer file or a link to it.  Most of the time when I click on the Evernote icon, it opens the app and not the installation program.  It only installls a so-called new version once or twice a day and when it does, it says there is a newer version of Evernote which it insists on installing.  The only problem is that it almost always re-installs the same old version. As far as installing free 3rd party apps like Revo Uninstaller, I have learned the hard way that they are invariably accompanied by other apps/software the I don't want and all too often with Malware.  I now avoid them like the plague.  Is it too much to expect that Evernote can produce a product that doesn't keep re-installing the same version over and over again without having to rely on 3rd party software to fix the problem?  Based on what I have read about this on the Internet, it seems that I am not the only one who has experienced this problem by a long shot.  Also, I never, ever have this problem of software installing the same version over and over again with Microsoft office, Norton Antivirus, Adobe Photoshop, or any of the dozens of other programs I use.  The custom service I am getting from Evernote is simply attrocious.  There is no customer service.

• Level 5

It has been proven in many cases documented in this forum that with the symptoms you describe, only a FULL uninstall can fix the issue. How other software installs and uninstalls is of no relevance. Everything you mentioned has no user database, which makes a full EN uninstall special.

You can use Revo, or continue with a broken install. If you load Revo from a clean source, you won’t get any additional software as bypack.

Take the advise or stick with what you have.

Are you asking for help or are you simply interested in expressing your opinions about what Evernote should or should not do.

If you're asking for help, you've gotten good advice from @PinkElephant   I would add to his comments by pointing out that you can also install Revo on a thumb drive and run it from there if you don't want it installed on your system's main drive.  That's now I run it because I have the windows app installed on 3 different machines.

Also, if REVO were causing problems, we would be seeing complaints about that here and we are not.  

If you don't want to use Revo, you can also create a support ticket and wait for them.  They may have you use the windows uninstaller and then have you delete certain files on your system.  That doesn't get registry issues, though, so it doesn't always work.

If you just want to express your opinions about Evernote, I will just move on.

Vinnie