Note "Created Date" being changed

Has anyone noticed Evernote changing the "Created Date" on edited notes to the "Updated Date"?

It's ruining my workflow at the moment because I have a lot of note searches that rely on the Created Date. When I edit a note, it changed the Created Date and Updated Date to Just Now. It's also changed the Created Date of past notes.

5 minutes ago, paulsharpe said:

Has anyone noticed Evernote changing the "Created Date" on edited notes to the "Updated Date"?

Not here (EN10.94.3 on Win11). Which version do you use?

I would see such a problem immediately because I'm working with CreatedDates all the time...

• Like 1

As do I. I'm also on EN10.94.3, but on Win10. However, I've just seen it happen on Evernote Web, too

I change a Created Date and, almost immediately, I see it change with the Updated Date; therefore, it's filtering down to my clients. I've sent in a ticket to see what's going on.

No, I've never gone to that version. I have all my clients closed now and I'm just working on Evernote Web and experiencing the same thing.~
It's very odd and slightly annoying.

If I change the CreatedDate, the change reflects exactly the date I've entered: OK.

The UpdatedDate is set to now - because You changed the note. OK for me. I think this has been the case in older versions too...
Some people wish to change the UpdatedDate only of the note content is changed. Would be better - especially when changing tags of notes.

My opinion: There should be options to defined situations in which the UpdatedDate should change - but I shouldn't dream so far 😉

So, this is an example of my workflow.

I have a note that, say, is needed for two days from now (9th July 2024). I created the note and changed the CreatedDate to 9th July to fit my searches. Under normal circumstances, the CreatedDate would change to 9th July, while the UpdatedDate is Just Now, as expected.

At the moment, when I change the CreatedDate, it remains correct for a few seconds but then also changes to Just Now.

I'm starting to think this is an Evernote Web issue, so if someone can move this thread, that would be helpful.

I think I've resolved it... in the loosest sense.

If I edit one of the notes' content, the Updated Date changes to Just Now. When I click off the note, the Created Date reverts back to what it's supposed to be. I've edited all the effected notes and everything seems to be good again.

No idea. But at least it's ok now.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, paulsharpe said:

I think I've resolved it... in the loosest sense.

If I edit one of the notes' content, the Updated Date changes to Just Now. When I click off the note, the Created Date reverts back to what it's supposed to be. I've edited all the effected notes and everything seems to be good again.

No idea. But at least it's ok now.

Nope. Not ok. Although the created dates LOOK like they're ok, they're not being recognised in my searches. And every time I change a created date, the original problem exists until I edit the note again.

Its a whole heap of wrong right now.

8 minutes ago, paulsharpe said:

Although the created dates LOOK like they're ok, they're not being recognised in my searches.

This is what I'm angry about in many cases: I've a Saved Search to show updated notes since yesterday ("updated:day-1") - but it takes up to ten minutes until a just changed note appears in the list 😞

Updating local indices is not reliable at present... Hope this will get better with RENT (if RENT forces up-to-date local indices also 😉)

• Like 1