Billing is broken...

...and has been for days now.

This, incidentally, makes it impossible to cancel a subscription.

Sent a Support request, got back an unhelpful canned response, replied back, heard no more.

Is this Evernote's solution for stemming the tide of cancellations: making it impossible to cancel? Adobe tried; not working out so well now, is it?

Broken.jpg

• Lax 90210 changed the title to Billing is broken...

Just checked the billing page on my browser (iPad safari) and it worked fine, tested the cancel page and it worked. Might be worth trying a different browser and see if that works. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Still broken as of today, no reply from Support. I doubt it is an issue with either my computer or my smartphone since the space used to work a couple of months ago

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, Lax 90210 said:

Still broken as of today, no reply from Support. I doubt it is an issue with either my computer or my smartphone since the space used to work a couple of months ago

Do you have a support reference or ticket number?  We can ask an Admin here to chase up your enquiry internally if you wish...

• Level 5

It may be accessible, but it doesn’t provide my invoice.

History: My subscription renewed early June, through iTunes. All went smoothly. But: No invoice showed.

Support ticket opened after 4 weeks. The answer was fast, but evasive: Instead of telling me when to expect my invoice, they told me to use the iTunes Invoice instead. Which is bad, because the iTunes invoice doesn’t carry my VAT registration number. The EN invoice does - better it did, in the past.

So I asked again when I can expect my invoice. At that time the 2 last invoices 2022 & 2023 were still there. The answer again was evasive: Nothing clear about the EN page, again telling me to use the iTunes.

OK, so I answered again that I expect an invoice from EN, that I always received it, that I need it with my VAT data for taxation reasons, and that please they should stop to make evasive answers and simply tell me whether and when I can expect an invoice on the billing page.

That was the last thing we have heard from each other. The ball is with EN, but they refrain from kicking it back. Meanwhile the invoice 2022 has vanished, because the 24 months are over. Erasing existing invoices still works, but not creating new ones.

Which leads to my conclusions:

1. Their billing and commercial process is nearly as broken as their release management. They even seem to be unable to issue an invoice, which is basic commercial practice with all companies.
  2. Their support got faster, but only if it is a standard request and they can play games sticking noncommittal, sugar laced text bricks together. Once this stock is exhausted, they run out of words. This support is as useless as the one before, when they skipped the text bricks step and simply didn’t answer at all.

I really do hope I never have anything more serious than a missing invoice !