Encryption reveal password displaying in plain text

After the latest update, my password for encrypted notes is showing in plain text when I type it instead of the typical "***********". 

This is not good and should be addressed right away.

image.png.033a69c34106f8e088ba467710141343.png

• Like 4

Thanks.  Yes, I thought about it and submitted a ticket right after this post but still have not heard back (do they respond to tickets normally?). 

I'm usually pretty lenient regarding bugs but this one is ridiculous, also makes me concerned about how secure the app is overall.  I use this app at work and am now constantly looking over my shoulder when opening encrypted notes.

With the recent price increase, this is not the type of thing I would expect to see and it definitely makes me want to reconsider.  I only use this app because it's convenient and I've been using it for years.  There are other options..

I am having the same issue, any resolution provided at this point? I am wondering if this was because of the recent Ai integration. Which concerns me more, this would mean their Ai tool could be potentially reading our passwords as we type them in. 

Also it appears the feedback@evernote.com they will not respond to 

Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

We truly appreciate your input and value your opinion as it helps us improve Evernote for you.

Please note that this channel is dedicated to receiving feedback about the product. We won't be following up on your message unless we'd like to collect any further information regarding your feedback.

If you require support or have any questions, please check out the articles in our Help Center or get assistance from other Evernote users in our discussion forumsor submit a request through our contact form.

Once again, thank you for reaching out and sharing your thoughts.

Best regards,

The Evernote team

• Evernote Expert
4 hours ago, Brandon Krieger said:

Also it appears the feedback@evernote.com they will not respond to 

Correct. That has always been the case.  In fact, in the earliest stage no acknowledgement was provided at all. It seems you at least now get an automated reply with information on how to proceed if you need a reply.

• Level 5

Support chat was disabled nearly one year ago.

To me it seems they discontinued the whole support team. Then they tried some things, with in general very bad results.

On my last tickets I saw a positive trend in reaction time, but the quality of the answers was still doubtful. Probably a lot of AI mixed with a few humans.

• 3 weeks later...