Evernote 10.91.1 windows - Quote block bug

Again a new buggy and untested function. Quote blocks not working when exporting to pdf, or sharing, or exporting to html... 

quoteblock-note.png.86619e2a14418bec7225ff8a21068e46.png

quoteblock-pdf.png.0f82d47ba405e2d3b3758a371cc45a42.png

quoteblock-share.png.e81a985631510d53bf62fea1888c6fb9.png

quoteblock-html.png.c11cc35e851bbb547574e135810001ad.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't think this is a bug, it's likely not fully implemented in areas outside of the note editor yet. It's a very new feature. Give them some time to implement the new functionality in more places.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
1 hour ago, mackid1993 said:

I don't think this is a bug, it's likely not fully implemented in areas outside of the note editor yet. It's a very new feature. Give them some time to implement the new functionality in more places.

Besides implementation, basically no explanation. I guess if you use other editors that have "quote blocks" you know. So basically just a section of text indented and with a bar down the left side, to highlight a quotation?

If one is producing formatted documents for presentation or publication, not something Evernote was ever strong on or meant to be strong on, I can see the value of it, and then it obviously ought to appear in PDFs. I use Evernote basically for notes to myself, and I rarely quote anything so earthshaking that it needs more than bold and/or italics to call attention to it. I give the feature a grade of "Meh" for my personal use, while hoping it gets better for others.

4 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Besides implementation, basically no explanation. I guess if you use other editors that have "quote blocks" you know. So basically just a section of text indented and with a bar down the left side, to highlight a quotation?

If one is producing formatted documents for presentation or publication, not something Evernote was ever strong on or meant to be strong on, I can see the value of it, and then it obviously ought to appear in PDFs. I use Evernote basically for notes to myself, and I rarely quote anything so earthshaking that it needs more than bold and/or italics to call attention to it. I give the feature a grade of "Meh" for my personal use, while hoping it gets better for others.

My feeling is, nice to have will I use it, probably not. Do I expect a brand new feature to be implemented everywhere, no. Would I say this is another bug, no. Probably just not implemented yet. I'm going to cut them a break on this one, and granted the code blocks had a bug but they fixed that right away, so I must say Bending Spoons has been getting better.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

It matches the block quote in Markdown down to the “> “ short cut like “- “ and “# “.

3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

So basically just a section of text indented and with a bar down the left side, to highlight a quotation?

I think, like many things in EN, people will find interesting and creative uses for it which were not necessarily intended. The code syntax highlighting is a case in point. Although people who use code blocks  for code lgenerally love it, people who used it as a plain text block are up in arms.

• Like 2

I find it useful but the “auto” guessing of type is not very good and I think it would make a lot of sense for it to just default to plain text and let us change if we want to.

24 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

One feature is not fully implemented,...

🤣

24 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

...the other feature is fixed.

No, it's not.

• Confused 1