Inconsistent displays Windows / Webapp

It's been happening the last couple of days. A list of tagged notes is missing recent notes. My iPhone is more up to date, Is this happening for anyone else?

Have left the Windows version and webapp going for a few hours in the hope it recovers.

UPDATE

Leaving it a few hours did not fix it. However, filtering on date=today did show the newly tagged notes. After removing the date filter, the new notes disappeared again. However moving the scroll slider down and up a few times brought back the missing notes. Perhaps this will help someone...

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, chris1058 said:

Let me know if you need more help!

Hi.  You're fixing an issue that is already fixed.  And using something that looks very like an AI answer.  Please don't do that.

This one is affecting me as well.

One Tag ("France") shows 36 Notes in the desktop app sidebar; selecting that Tag "France" returns 22 Notes in the Note window. (Earlier, it brought up 23 notes in the Note window so one more Note has disappeared from the displayed results over the course of this afternoon). In the Web App running in Chrome, 36 Notes are shown against the Tag in the sidebar and 36 are returned in the Note window, all present and correct.

As a comparison, the adjacent Tag ("Fujifilm") displays 31 Notes in the sidebar; selecting the Tag returns 28 Notes in the desktop app Note window. Again however, all 31 tagged notes are present and correct in the web app. Taking another random Tag as a test again, "Food" returns 183 out of 212 Tagged Notes in the desktop app Note window, all OK in the web app.

All Windows and Chrome, all up to date, have not opened any mobile Evernote apps today. I have opened and edited Notes tagged "France" today but have not opened or edited any notes tagged "Fujifilm" or "Food".

This isn't really much use - what can be done about it?

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, AHB said:

This isn't really much use - what can be done about it?

Realistically,  nothing can be done to fix the app in the short term - all you can do is feed back your issue to Evernote and wait for them to address it.  The way to ensure you have access to all your notes on all devices though is to adopt a Table of Contents approach.  It's easy on a desktop to create a new note,  then use the new '@' command to insert a link to that note in a parent note pinned to the top of the notebook.  You could use the desktop 'France' tag (or any other) result to create a ToC note with links to those individual notes,  and add any further notes as and when they are created.

@ command. In addition to the slash command, we’ve also included the ability to type “@” in any new line and immediately add a link to an existing note in your account.

https://evernote.com/blog/30-improvements-april-june-2024

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005667-Create-a-table-of-contents

5 hours ago, gazumped said:

Realistically,  nothing can be done to fix the app in the short term - all you can do is feed back your issue to Evernote and wait for them to address it.  The way to ensure you have access to all your notes on all devices though is to adopt a Table of Contents approach.  It's easy on a desktop to create a new note,  then use the new '@' command to insert a link to that note in a parent note pinned to the top of the notebook.  You could use the desktop 'France' tag (or any other) result to create a ToC note with links to those individual notes,  and add any further notes as and when they are created.

https://evernote.com/blog/30-improvements-april-june-2024

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005667-Create-a-table-of-contents

Thank you, but...

1: I've spent 14 years bulding up more than 15,000 Notes which are (hmmph - should be) findable in three ways - by Notebook, by Tag, or by Search. I really shouldn't have to manually create a considerable number of ToCs as well because the software is inadequate.

2: The ToC might be easy to create in the desktop app, but it's the desktop app view of my database which is failing to return Notes which exist; so it's going to be somewhat awkward to find the missing Notes in the desktop app to add their link to a ToC.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

If the counts in the installed client and the web client differ, usually the local database has taken a hit.

Since we know they are working on the metadata backend and method (called RENT), I would personally refrain at the moment from doing a uninstall / reinstall cycle. If it is caused by a real corruption of the local data, this will however be the only solution. Use Revo Uninstaller (PC) / AppCleaner (Mac), the regular uninstaller is not up to the job.

I had a situation where the note count in one notebook was off by 1 only on one device (all notes were fine). Recreating the database fixed it. I have a feeling it was an issue with the RENT rollout.

On checking Evernote this morning, on laptop A (Windows 11) and on laptop B (Windows 10)...

1: The discrepancies in the quantity of Notes returned (on selecting a Tag in the web app vs selecting the same Tag in the desktop app) remain but are now different to the situation yesterday; and

2: There is also a discrepancy in the quantity of Notes returned between the desktop app installed on laptop A (Windows 11) and the desktop app installed on laptop B (Windows 10). 

This is fairly fundamental stuff, one would think.