PDF flickering

Go to solution Solved by Stayfair,

I've been having this problem for a while now, fortunately I rarely use the web version of Evernote, but I do need to use it sometimes. I've attached a screen recording of the issue. When I go to a note that has a PDF in it, the pdf constantly flickers. I cannot click the header of the pdf to close the preview either. Double clicking the header opens the pdf as it should.

Any thoughts please, and hopefully fixes?

Thanks. 

Running Windows 11 Home, version 23H2, Intel Core i7-8700, CPU @ 3.20GHz, 64GB RAM

• Level 5*

Hi.  No real clue - doesn't happen to me;  does this happen on all PDF files,  or just some?  Uploaded by you or clipped?  File size large,  small or mixed?  Can you download and view them in local software normally?

1 minute ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  No real clue - doesn't happen to me;  does this happen on all PDF files,  or just some?  Uploaded by you or clipped?  File size large,  small or mixed?  Can you download and view them in local software normally?

That particular PDF is small, 2MB, 4 pages. All PDF in all notes flicker the same, not just that one. The PDF's are all uploaded by me, I've never clipped anything. If I double click the title bar the PDF opens in my PDF view as it should.

Also, if you haven't yet, to reduce the chance that there is some weirdness about  your browser or connectivity, maybe try a) a different browser (maybe Firefox if you're using Chrome or Edge) or b) if it's a laptop, take it to a local coffee shop with WiFi and try it there. If it doesn't work at the coffee shop, you will at least have had a cup of coffee and maybe a pastry, so it wouldn't be a completely lost trip!

Vinnie

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Also, does it happen when in full screen?  If only windowed maybe change the size to see if it is some resolution/display weirdness.

• Solution
14 minutes ago, VincentC said:

Also, if you haven't yet, to reduce the chance that there is some weirdness about  your browser or connectivity, maybe try a) a different browser (maybe Firefox if you're using Chrome or Edge) or b) if it's a laptop, take it to a local coffee shop with WiFi and try it there. If it doesn't work at the coffee shop, you will at least have had a cup of coffee and maybe a pastry, so it wouldn't be a completely lost trip!

Vinnie

Interesting....it seems to only flicker like this in Chrome. In the Edge, Brave, and DDG browsers, it doesn't flicker. Wondering now if it's a setting somewhere in Chrome.

6 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Also, does it happen when in full screen?  If only windowed maybe change the size to see if it is some resolution/display weirdness.

When it's flickering, doesn't matter what I do with it, it flickers. 

2 hours ago, Stayfair said:

Interesting....it seems to only flicker like this in Chrome. In the Edge, Brave, and DDG browsers, it doesn't flicker. Wondering now if it's a setting somewhere in Chrome.

Seems likely --  Try it in an incognito window?

Vinnie

1 hour ago, VincentC said:

Seems likely --  Try it in an incognito window?

Vinnie

I may, thanks for the idea. At this point, with the other browsers working fine, I may just go that route when I have to use the web version since it's not often I need to. Thanks all for the help.

• Like 1