Boox and evernote integration

Would it not be great if I could you Evernote as the note taking app on my Boox Nova Air2. I use this device for all my handwritten meeting notes. IBUT Boox notes is not as good in saving separate notes. It lets you make note books but it is not easy to find something back. I miss the notes single notes taking and the labels functionaility of Evernote, or being able to log something as an action and then have a separate overview of all your actions.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I had my evernote account bind to my boox air2 until recently; however, it stopped working and I cannot bind it anymore, so @s2sailor generally it was possible but I am not sure what happened

any ideas, suggestions, solutions from anybody else? thanks

Thanks for the reply!

It worked for over a year and the notebook gives the option to select EVN among the listed binding possibilities - that is the confusing part ... so it actually should work,

but contacting Boox is certainly the next step

On 6/20/2024 at 11:17 PM, KristinaFranke said:

Thanks for the reply!

It worked for over a year and the notebook gives the option to select EVN among the listed binding possibilities - that is the confusing part ... so it actually should work,

but contacting Boox is certainly the next step

I have the same problem but only on one of the the two Boox tables I have. Did you find any joy with contacting Boox? I suspect the problem is with Evernote but I might be wrong (and there is no point contacting BS since they never respond)

@Alexadam and @KristinaFranke I have had a thought for a workaround. Dropbox binds to Boox so you can synch your files to dropbox. The you can set up evernote to automatically import the dropbox folder with your notes. Although it is more circuitous the end result should be the same and no extra effort required

• Evernote Expert

I don't know a great deal about Boox. The little research I've done shows that these devices run under Linux (which Evernote does not support) and a few versions of Android.

Must of the Android are prior to version 9 and Evernote no longer supports these. So check which version of Android your device has. If it's version 8 or less then the old Evernote software is no longer supported since earlier in the year. If you have Android 9 or better then in theory it should work provided you can install the current version of Evernote from the Google Play Store.

But I think this is a Boox issue. I suspect any advertised link was based on old, outdated software which has been withdrawn.

Perhaps @Alessandra's suggestion might be a workaround for some.