evernote:///view/ - to act as hyperlinks

Is there a way to make internal app link pasted into windows apps like word or notepad - act as hyperlink - so when you click on them they open evernote app and take you to the relevant note?

Current EN10 versions do not place an internal note link as a complete URL (including visible text with an address behind) to the clipboard. 😞
Former versions did what you (and I think all other users) expect: If you copy an internal link (Ctrl-Alt-L), the receiving application should receive a clickable hyperlink.

There are discussions around that:

along with support incidents (at least #3735902). Support escalated it to development - but nothing happend. EN10 is still not well integrated to other apps 😡

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, AlbertR said:

copy an internal link (Ctrl-Alt-L), the receiving application should receive a clickable hyperlink.

Ctrl+Alt+X (according to v10.87.6) on a note in my account gives me an evernote:///view/120918/... link if I paste it here,   a fully clickable link if pasted into Word or other third-party software and a title Windows 11 Win Key Shortcuts link if I paste it back into its parent note first.  

5 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Ctrl+Alt+X (according to v10.87.6)

I'm on EN10.88.4 (Win11) and cannot find this accellerator definition 😞
Ctrl-Alt-X has no effect on my maschine.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

cannot find this accellerator definition

Same OS and Evernote version - 

Screenshot2024-05-16100539.thumb.png.b9dc068381fe2546d55f7b6d56e64664.png

If you can find the shortcut,  maybe try redefining it to the same combination?

32 minutes ago, gazumped said:

try redefining it to the same combination?

No effect. Now my Ctrl-Alt-X simply copies the link as text ("evernote:///view/...") as Ctrl-Alt-L die before. Every other application receives this text (Ctrl-V). If I change this Text to be a hyperlink (select text, (normally) Ctrl-K, Ctrl-V to insert text as address, ENTER), the hyperlink works.

But we expect Ctrl-V to paste a real hyperlink (with the note's title as text and the note address behind).

If you paste inside EN, all is OK - but not because of all this information is transferred via the clipboard - 

And BTW: If EN will change this behaviour, they should mention it in the release notes. Not only "bug fixes..." 😤

• Level 5*
40 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

If you paste inside EN, all is OK - but not because of all this information is transferred via the clipboard - 

- and as I noted above,  if you paste into the parent note and copy from there into third party apps,  you get the note title as a link.

6 hours ago, gazumped said:

... as I noted above,  if you paste into the parent note and copy from there...

OK, right - my fail to read not every word you wrote. But that's not the question. We want "internal app link pasted into windows apps like word" (with not sophisticated work-arounds).

I'm familiar with many other tools and I know how easy it is to provide the clipboard with all necessary information to allow other apps to paste real hyperlinks. It's a poverty certificate for EN developers to be not able to implement it.