I’ve been using free Evernote for many years. I don’t mind occasional invitations to upgrade but it is very annoying to be prompted every time I open a note and to have to click 2 or 3 times to finally get to my notes. Are they that desperate or that committed to eradicate free use? 

Also I’m told the limitation of free use is 50 notes. I have 37 but still can’t create a new note. I did delete notes to get to 37. Looks like the 50 note limit is applied to any note ever created. Evernote is great but I’m likely to switch to a more clunky but less annoying solution. 

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, Roy Avondet said:

Evernote is great but I’m likely to switch to a more clunky but less annoying solution.

You could also consider subscribing...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Evernote Expert

The 50 note limit applies to the trash folder as well. So empty Trash AND be sure you only have one notebook. The free limits are 50 notes and one notebook.

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, Roy Avondet said:

Evernote is great but I’m likely to switch to a more clunky but less annoying solution. 

The free plan is now basically a trial.  If you don’t want to subscribe, you may want to evaluate other solutions and migrate over.