(Archived) Should we notify Evernote when a Spammer pops up

That is what the triangle near the quote button is for :)

One thing I like about this forum is that if someone has already reported a post it tells you that and prevents the mods being notified many times.

• Level 5
That is what the triangle near the quote button is for :)

One thing I like about this forum is that if someone has already reported a post it tells you that and prevents the mods being notified many times.

Thanks for the tip. I learn something everyday at this forum.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5

The number of spam messages on this forum seems to be increasing.

A couple days ago (mid-day), one spammer got at least 9 of his messages posted. I used the Triangle alert for all of the spam messagess, but after waiting 25 minutes and seeing no corrective action, I signed off. I was under the impression that the Triangle alert would send an alarm of some sort to someone in Evernote immediately.

We've noticed that we've been getting a larger number of spammers lately as well.

The triangle helps us weed them out. Please do keep clicking it. It doesn't send us an email, but it does send a little bat signal so we can get rid of them quickly the next time an Admin like me is online.

Yes, if you press the "report" button, one of us will see it in the list the next time we log in. It's pretty fast for us to block that person's IP address and delete the post, but the problem is that phpBB forum spam is largely automated now.

We're a couple of minor versions behind on our forum software right now, so hopefully the next upgrade will help reduce spam (again).

Archived