Always ask for Login using Web App

Hello guys I'm new here and I want to ask the Evernote Teams if the Web App is buggy right now (upon update interface) because when using the Evernote Web App on the Edge browser (I always use this browser all the time), I've encountered a persistent issue where it continuously prompts me to log in each time I access the site. After checking on Chrome, the same issue occurs.

This recurring request disrupts my workflow and efficiency, posing a significant inconvenience specially if need the daily reports. I've attempted basic troubleshooting steps such as clearing the browser cookies and cache, but the problem persists.

I'm seeking assistance to resolve this matter promptly, ensuring a smooth and uninterrupted experience while using Evernote on the Web app browser. Any advice or solutions to this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

There no longer seems to be an option to "remember me for 30 days". Having said that I'm not getting the issue. Whether it currently remembers that I had asked it to remember my password I can't tell.

• Like 2
On 5/3/2024 at 7:38 AM, Mike P said:

Having said that I'm not getting the issue.

I spoke too soon. I now have to login again if I have closed the browser. Somebody has obviously decided they need to upgrade security  - this issue and forcing me to have a stronger password

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  The emphasis everywhere online seems to be on tighter security,  so I suppose it's good that Evernote is following the trend.  Remember that you should be using 2FA and a long complicated password that is NOT used for any other access...  but if you feel the current reaction is over the top,  then feed your experience back to Evernote or contact Support.  Maybe also try X (Twitter) since there are lots of announcements there these days...

I use a Password Manager (Bitwarden - many others are available) which generates passwords like "orN#bFu%42ZC%n4".  I don't have to worry about remembering or typing it,  since BW will automatically insert it for me easily and quickly on desktop or mobile.

I am a paying customer. After using Evernote ever since it became available, I started experiencing this same login inconvenience a few days ago for the first time. It starts out with the message "We are experiencing problems loading the web app" (misleading if you ask me). For me, the new login obstacle is twice as cumbersome and time-consuming because I open Evernote on two browsers every day. If it were just typing the PW in every time, I wouldn't mind it so much, but the system now requires you to go through the inane capcha ***** several times and repeats it even after you entered the correct PW. The art of being a successful portal is, beside other things, finding the right balance between security and wasting your clients' time. I have never experienced this kind of login chicanery on any other website in my couple of decades of Internet usage. Requiring your customers to spend over 2.5 hrs per month on logins only is insane.

P.S. I'm not interested in logging in via Google. My brief inspection of other users' comments shows the possibility of your account info disappearing into thin air if you change your PW of your own volition. My current PW is a result of Evernote requesting me to change the old one several months ago.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Mike P said:

spoke too soon. I now have to login again if I have closed the browser. Somebody has obviously decided they need to upgrade security  - this issue and forcing me to have a stronger password

@MikePI also notice that the "remember for 30 days" checkbox no longer appears on my sign in screens.  It's a minor inconvenience to have to pull out my phone whenever I use the web version, but for me it's not a big deal.  I'm on the desktop client 99% of the time.

Vinnie

Same problem here on Firefox, so not Chromium based. This is a relevent issue, because it means that it takes much longer now to (not so) quickly check something on Evernote. I need my notes to be readily available and this is no longer the case.

I'm being prompted to log in multiple times per day, as of maybe yesterday. Cleared cache, cookies, etc. There's no option to remain logged in.

On 5/5/2024 at 4:02 AM, gazumped said:

Remember that you should be using 2FA and a long complicated password that is NOT used for any other access

I am, and this is one reason why being logged out and demanding a new login is so troublesome -- I have to drop everything and spend a minute getting the 2FA code. I'm running Chrome on a Chromebook, and the web client is necessary -- Android apps are prone to crashing on ChromeOS.

rediculus Captcha effectively disabled nixnote2 access. I was forced to use the Windows client which is riddled with bugs. It crashes over many records when exporting the notes. It offers very  little help to locate the troubled records. 

Evernote is unusable and I will not renew my membership. I am done with this nonesense. 

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, hshadnia said:

Evernote is unusable and I will not renew my membership. I am done with this nonesense.

Please don't hijack other threads with duplicate posts - I deleted your other comment on this. 

If you'd like some help with your issues,  please start your own thread with full details of you device and OS / Evernote version numbers,  plus details of what you're trying to accomplish and what's going wrong. 

We're mainly other users here,  but may be able to help.  If you simply wanted to feedback to Evernote,  maybe talk to them direct via feedback@Evernote.com

Is there any planned resolution for the login in issue?  I too am being logged out, and when I try to log back in 95% of the time get this error.  Is there a plan to bring the 'Keep logged in for 30 days' back??

image.png.7921249548edb3944fa34a590606bc33.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Apastorius said:

Is there any planned resolution for the login in issue?  I too am being logged out, and when I try to log back in 95% of the time get this error.  Is there a plan to bring the 'Keep logged in for 30 days' back??

Evernote don't (usually) share their progress in the Forums - if you'd like the web authentication eased up a little,  contact Support...

See also: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/29147324292243-What-to-do-if-you-re-being-logged-out-immediately-from-Evernote-Web

I've reported this as a problem as well and am being told "working as newly designed".  Even if you use a password manager, I am being asked for 2FA with each login.  I have told the support team that forcing me to drop 2FA because of this new PITA approach is counter to increased security.  Still waiting for a response

• Sad 1
On 5/14/2024 at 1:25 PM, Apastorius said:

image.png.7921249548edb3944fa34a590606bc33.png

evernote is more beta than stable. take another app.