Automatically Logging Out

Hi,

I am able to sign in on my lap top with web browser Safari but within 1 minute, I am automatically logged out with the following message appearing: One moment while we log you out securely. Any idea how to fix?

• Level 5*

Hi.  No clue - have you checked your Safari settings?  There's nothing within Evernote that would log you out at all - other than you closing the page.  There are no timeout limits.

17 horas atrás, gazumped disse:

Hi.  No clue - have you checked your Safari settings?  There's nothing within Evernote that would log you out at all - other than you closing the page.  There are no timeout limits.

I am having the same problem on Chrome, more than 24 hours with this problem. Is automatic after i log in, i don't ever have time to enter in a note.

Edit: I remove all chrome extensions and nothing. Try Edge, and the same problem.

Same issue, no matter what browser, after the pain of deleting all cookies and history it still happens. I only have 1 device, my mobile app, so logging into the web version shouldn't be an issue. Huge pain- combined with the constant ads to upgrade I am looking for another notes app. Any suggestions?

Em 03/05/2024 at 06:05, gazumped disse:

Edge is also Chrome-based - have you tried an Incognito window?

Yes.

Aswering your other reply, i just loggin in using the Help page to submit a ticket, then i go to evernote, and i am not loggin out. Seems like is a problem of the Main Login Page.

I am having the same issue. I tried with three different browsers and the incognito mode, but nothing works. My OSx app also does not let me choose a subscription plan. I am practically not able to access any of my notes (through the app and the web), or buy a subscription.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, resit said:

I am having the same issue. I tried with three different browsers and the incognito mode, but nothing works. My OSx app also does not let me choose a subscription plan. I am practically not able to access any of my notes (through the app and the web), or buy a subscription.

Hmmn.  We only see occasional reports of logouts and payment issues here,  but I guess this might be related to Evernote's more secure authentication process.  Only way to tell is to contact Support - try https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?guest=true.  You'll need to be very patient,  and when you get a boilerplate "try this" response,  make sure you reply to confirm whether you've tried all the options.

• Level 5*

Evernote are aware of the logout issue - I just found this online...

Note: We have recently updated our authentication flow for security reasons, causing user sessions to expire more frequently to keep your account safe. If you're being logged out after the Evernote tab has been reopened after a few hours, please know that is normal behavior.

If you're being logged out of Evernote Web as soon as you log in, or you're being logged out frequently throughout the day, please find a workaround below:

If the issue persists, please proceed to contact us, providing the following information:

• A screenshot or screen recording displaying the issue.
  • The device you're using and its OS version.
  • The browser you're using and its version.
  • The URLs displayed during the process. The URL may cycle through different links, you can copy/paste them into the email you send us.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us and search "Evernote Web" - scroll down...

EDIT: Found the URL - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/29147324292243-What-to-do-if-you-re-being-logged-out-immediately-from-Evernote-Web

• Like 1

I am also having this issue - "One moment while we log you out securely."

Happening on Evernote Web both DuckDuckGo and Edge, every single time, as well as in the Android app. I have pared down my number of devices to two. I have retired and no longer need it for business, but the free version is now so restrictive that I am looking for a way to get my personal data out. Is there a data export?

Guess what. I got so frustrated with this issue that I had to bite the bullet and try paying for a month so that I can access my EN data and extract it. As soon as I made the payment, I magically stopped getting logged out. Glad I only paid for a month. I will definitely be getting all of my data out in the next 30 days. Very sneaky.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Kiki said:

I got so frustrated with this issue that I had to bite the bullet and try paying for a month so that I can access my EN data and extract it.

FYI, you didn’t need to subscribe to export your data.  You could do it with one of the desktop apps.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Free users having trouble usually have violated either the maximum number of devices (2) or of unsyncing of devices per 30 days (2). Often it is forgotten that the web client counts as a device as well. This can lead to sometimes pretty unspecific logging issues. 

The data is there, but access it limited by the rules of the Free plan. This can go as far as a temporary lock out, caused by trying to force access while ignoring the limits.

Ok sure, but then how do we get those limits "reset" so we can pick one device to login to and then fix the subscription, etc?
It would seem we'd need supports help, but no way to contact them unless you login....which you can't do.