I've had a paid account for eleven years but am minutes away from cancelling it because the latest version is such a hot mess. Specifically, I can no longer figure out how to do a simple function that I do every day: add an attachment to a note. Formerly I clicked the + sign, picked attachment from the pull down, and selected the file to attach. Now it just says "press '/' to insert an element." I press it and that pops up the pull down menu. If I select "attachment" it does nothing.

If this can't be straightened out I'll just close my account and move to OneNote.

• Level 5

I assume you use a desktop client (the slash shortcut is not available on mobile). But anything else, like a version number or an OS ? Would be really helpful to exchange some ideas about what may be wrong.

As part of problem solving have you tried simply dragging the attachment file into the body of the note (assuming you are on a desktop client)

• Level 5
22 hours ago, Steve Metz said:

Specifically, I can no longer figure out how to do a simple function that I do every day: add an attachment to a note. Formerly I clicked the + sign, picked attachment from the pull down, and selected the file to attach. Now it just says "press '/' to insert an element." I press it and that pops up the pull down menu. If I select "attachment" it does nothing.

Please do indicate your version number and OS. In my Windows desktop app v. 10.84.3 (on Windows 10) and the Web client v. 10.86.2 (the latest, I think), the blue + sign still works fine, so you should be able to continue as you are used to doing. The annoying / hint can be disabled in the ... menu at top right in any note, under Slash commands. But I do find that the Attachment option in that popup does work.

• Like 1