Cliperstellung mit Wartezeit

CLIPERSTELLUNG MIT WARTEZEIT

Hey Community, 🙂
what has been bothering me for a long time:
The waiting time when saving a website as a clip.
The saving with forwarding as a clip in Evernote
mostly happens via Android tablet / Android mobile.

The image file shows exactly what I mean.
If it takes too long, I just cancel it and save it in Pocket from Mozilla Firefox.
By the way, in Pocket it only takes a few seconds, then this information is saved.
With Evernote, it can sometimes take forever. 🤔

----------------------

CLIPERSTELLUNG MIT WARTEZEIT

Hey Community, 🙂
was mich schon seit langem stört:
Das Warten bei Abspeicherung einer Website als Clip.
Die Abspeicherung mit Weiterleitung als Clip in Evernote
findet meist über Android Tablet / Android Mobile statt.

Die Bilddatei zeigt genauer, was ich meine.
Wenn es zu lange dauert, breche ich das einfach ab und speichere es in Pocket von Mozilla Firefox ab.
In Pocket dauert das übrigens nur ein paar Sekunden, dann sind diese Informationen abgespeichert.
Bei Evernote kann das manchmal ewig dauern. 🤔

cliperstellung.png

• Level 5

On mobile there is no web clipper. It uses the sharing process of the OS. This means it needs to process the data handed over by the OS in the app. 

Pocket is no comparison: It saves only a fraction of what is saved by EN. If this is enough for you (no pictures, no links, just plain text), use it.

If you want fast, consistent clipping results use the web clipper on desktop.

• Like 1

In case it is helpful, I find that the speed of saving an article using the share function on Android (as @PinkElephant describes) varies greatly depending on which device I am using.  On m Pixel 6, a pure Android phone about a year old, the share happens within a couple of seconds.  But on my Samsung tablet which is now four years old, the save can take two or three minutes.  Other functions on the Samsung are also very much slower -- for example, "sync now" on the Samsung takes a long time but on the Pixel sync completes within a few seconds.

My conclusion is that, on Andorid, hardware can make or break the usability of Evernote.

Vinnie