How do you fully uninstall Evernote Legacy, but keep Evernote, on Mac?

I can't believe this, but this process doesn't seem to be documented anywhere. How do I fully remove Evernote Legacy from the Mac without affecting the current Evernote installation?

I've seen many posts recommending software packages like AppDelete for this task, but the issue with app-deletion software is that it selects files for deletion that belong to (or are also used by) the current version of Evernote.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, weborican said:

I can't believe this, but this process doesn't seem to be documented anywhere

Hmmn.  3 yrs obsolete software doesn't have any documentation?  Quelle domage.  I'd think the conventional uninstall process would work,  or at worst Appcleaner would do the job.  It might be an idea to reinstall v10 afterward to make sure no incidental files get damaged,  but since everything is synced to the server it's hard to cause any problems for v10.

• Level 5

The 2 installs have nothing in common.

Get AppCleaner and make sure you uninstall the correct EN client.

Even if you uninstall both, you can always reinstall the v10 client.

I've run both "Evernote Legacy" and "Evernote" through AppCleaner, and here are the results. 21 files in common?!

It is hard to tell which files belong to which version  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AppCleaner - Evernote.png

AppCleaner - Evernote Legacy.png

• Level 5

Something is wrong with your install.

I would nuke both, restart the Mac and make a fresh install of v10 only.

After that, log in and let the client run in the background for a while. It needs time to download all notes again.

I don't think the issue is with my installation but rather the inability of any of these "uninstalling" tools to be able to determine which components belong to which application. This is why I was looking for an official Evernote article listing the files related only to "Evernote Legacy" so that I could manually uninstall it without having to uninstall both and reinstall Evernote v10.

• Level 5*

Easier to uninstall everything and reinstall the app you need...  and probably less time-consuming given the careful uninstall and inevitable error-fixing that would ensue from a partial uninstall...

• Like 1