Notes keep freezing, won't open, won't let me write in them once created; all since latest software update

I've been using Evernote for over a decade and loved it until the latest software update and price rise.

It was my default note taking app during all meetings, phone calls etc.

Now (I'm using it on a recent HP laptop with windows) it fails to open; fails to save notes; hangs up as soon as a new note is created; and is simply awful and unusable.

It works OK on my iphone and ipad.

What do I need to do to get back to the high quality performance I am used to? It's definitely not worth the money at present.

Thank you. PS I'm not very techy so would appreciate an idiot's step by step approach to how to solve this.

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're not Support here,  just other users.  You could try uninstalling your app,  restarting your device and reinstalling to make sure you have a valid installation...

• Level 5
16 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  We're not Support here,  just other users.  You could try uninstalling your app,  restarting your device and reinstalling to make sure you have a valid installation...

To be more precise:

If you don’t have it, get and install Revo Uninstaller from the web.

Quit the EN client from the menu (not only closing the window). Now run Revo to remove everything.

Restart the PC.

Install EN again, from the EN website.

Open, log in. Working ? Then let it open in the background, to allow the download of your data to the local drive.

• Like 1