• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Can you run through exactly how you create a task?  I'd use the '+' or '/' access and set up a task and then add details.  You seem to be starting with the detail?

• Evernote Expert

@darrenbuttoniow There are broadly five ways of creating a task and all are working for me...

Inside a note...
1. Type () folowed by the task information
2. Tap the blue + icon in the menu bar OR use the / command and then type in your task information
3. Type the task description, leave the cursor at the end of the text and use the blue + or / command to convert that text to a task

Or from the task pop out window or in the task widget on the home screen
4. Tap the icon with a circle, + and check mark

5. Alt+T

Right now all of these are working for me. If one of these is what you are attempting but don't work I'd suggest a standard computer reboot, failing that a full uninstall with Revo Uninstaller (Windows) or AppCleaner (Mac)

10.84.3-win-ddl-public (20240409145102)
Editor: v177.16.3
Service: v1.100.4

Windows 11 Pro

37 minutes ago, agsteele said:

@darrenbuttoniow There are broadly five ways of creating a task and all are working for me...

Inside a note...
1. Type () folowed by the task information
2. Tap the blue + icon in the menu bar OR use the / command and then type in your task information
3. Type the task description, leave the cursor at the end of the text and use the blue + or / command to convert that text to a task

Or from the task pop out window or in the task widget on the home screen
4. Tap the icon with a circle, + and check mark

5. Alt+T

Right now all of these are working for me. If one of these is what you are attempting but don't work I'd suggest a standard computer reboot, failing that a full uninstall with Revo Uninstaller (Windows) or AppCleaner (Mac)

10.84.3-win-ddl-public (20240409145102)
Editor: v177.16.3
Service: v1.100.4

Windows 11 Pro

Hi thanks for reaching out - I know all the way to create tasks, it's just the system won't let me create them presently from the main task button/option and also for tasks already created, it won't let me tick that they are complete.

The Option to type () works but the task disappears and then appears back on my task list a few minutes later. 

I have raised a ticket as this keeps happening on my account, so I am assuming it's an account thing as opposed to a function issue.  

• Level 5*

The fact this doesn’t work in the web is puzzling, but I would still follow the advice above and reinstall.  Please use Revo uninstaller to remove the old version.  This one tends to work better than the standard uninstaller.