Updates keep leaving out previous improvements

When I do a search on a topic, when I select a note, the app should open the note, and highlight the first occurrence of the search string.  It has happened in the past, but it seems every new update will either leave that feature off or bring it back.  It should always be there.  As an added bonus, it should have a little box somewher so you can go to the next occurrence of the search string easily.

• Level 5
On 4/9/2024 at 9:50 AM, Jim3300efa said:

When I do a search on a topic, when I select a note, the app should open the note, and highlight the first occurrence of the search string.  It has happened in the past, but it seems every new update will either leave that feature off or bring it back.  It should always be there.  As an added bonus, it should have a little box somewher so you can go to the next occurrence of the search string easily.

Welcome to the forums. These are basically user to user, so no one here can take action on this. To report bugs, go to Settings in the app, then Support.

On 4/9/2024 at 2:50 PM, Jim3300efa said:

When I do a search on a topic, when I select a note, the app should open the note, and highlight the first occurrence of the search string.  It has happened in the past, but it seems every new update will either leave that feature off or bring it back.  It should always be there. 

Seems to be working OK in 10.84.3

On 4/9/2024 at 2:50 PM, Jim3300efa said:

As an added bonus, it should have a little box somewher so you can go to the next occurrence of the search string easily.

Fo you mean within a note? If you open the find dialogue (ctrl+F) it is prepopulated with the search term and you can then use the arrow icons to cycle through.

image.png.2d1bf42a791a81996e517b4d8d9f0c7a.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I may have found what you saw, but you have to open the note and then ctrl-f to bring up that dialogue.  It should do that immediately upon opening the note - what else is there to do?  Why have to do the ctrl-F again?

• Level 5

This is the Android forum. You can’t <ctrl - F> on mobile …

Searching FOR a note is not the same as searching IN a note. For me in more than 9 out of 10 searches it is sufficient to find the right note. And when I open a note, I don’t need a search dialogue getting in my way.

When I need the in-note search, and call it up, it will already be populated with the search-for-note string. Nothing lost here.