Evernote 10 earlier versions

I have been trying to use earlier version of v10 (10.63). But it isn't working or updating to 10.82. Is there a way to stop the updation and use earlier versions?

• Level 5

There was some tricking around with changing .json files and the registry, for Windows users.

I can only tell it is potentially harmful for your use and your data, and can permanently damage your ability to run the software safely. Furthermore not only the legacy clients are deprecated and stopped from syncing. The same ist true for most releases of v10, due to incompatible data structures.

You can try to find the posts describing how to manipulate the install in the forum. But again, I warn against employing it.

• Level 5

For the Mac I haven’t seen something similar, and if I couldn’t tell if it works. I don’t mess with my Macs integrity.

The client will always run the update check in the background, and download the lastest version. It will autoinstall at the latest when the client is opened again.

So no, I am not aware there is a practicable way to revert to an old version, and stop updates.

10 hours ago, xerox said:

I have macOS 10.15. So mac users can use client 10.82 only, cant we use a 10.63 version ?

My experience with Windows is, that until now (I did it about 5 times) I could even install an older version and the database would still work. I don't know how it works on Mac. I agree the implicit message of PinkElephant, that it might hurt the integrity of my data or system, even though it is windows. Working with an older version, on a newer version of database structure beloning to to newer version might break things at my end. However, until now I could always downgrade until a few versions. 10.63 however, the version you mention, sounds quite old. I keep the setup's of older versions for the purpose of downgrading. If Evernote (again) delivers a bug that hurts my workflow to an unacceptabel level, I take the last version I was happy(er) with...

image.thumb.png.c4ee2d59805ae07c49af5efc8401b4de.png

• Like 1

Can any Mac user help with using an older version ?

Also my images data has gone missing, any way to retrieve it??

Screenshot2024-04-06at3_37_51PM.thumb.png.5011b3863ca5aeb37c0f33cdd7e44784.png

• Evernote Expert

Whatever, don't try earlier than 10.63. These early versions are unlikely to work.

Be ready to get automatic updates as well. Staying on an early version is a challenge.