Anyway to get the >25% Discount to pop up again?

Was subscribed but didn't have renewal on so my subscription ended yesterday and it slipped my mind.

Logged in this morning, got the notices to upgrade and one of them offered Personal at $6.50 and change per month on the yearly plan for like $77 total. I didn't have time at that moment so clicked out of it. Went back and now I can only get the 25% discount from my email.

Is there a way to get that better discount back?

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, RobboT514 said:

Is there a way to get that better discount back?

Try restarting your device and log in again?  If that doesn't work,  no idea - sorry.

It came back. 40% Off.

I decided that maybe I'd try a competing product before renewing. So I exported a group of notes and when I went to delete the notes after backing up I got a pop up offering the 40% discount.

16 minutes ago, gazumped said:

I don't believe the available discounts go that high...

I think i've seen a 60% discount. 

The problem with these random discounts is that whatever discount you get and take, you feel cheated as there will probably some a better one if you just wait a bit longer. 

And if you just pay the full prices, you feel (and are) stupid.

1 hour ago, janndk said:

And if you just pay the full prices, you feel (and are) stupid.

Excuse me, and respectfully,  this is rather rude...  I pay full price and I am not stupid.  My time is valuable.  Stupid would be wasting what would otherwise be billable time, each hour of which generates more than the entire annual cost of the Evernote subscription, trying to get a discount that would net me less than a half hour's revenue.   Not only that, having Evernote increases my productivity which translates into direct revenue for me.  It seems to me only fair that I pay the full price for their product, one of the tools that allows me to generate full price for my product.

Vinnie

16 minutes ago, VincentC said:

Excuse me, and respectfully,  this is rather rude...  I pay full price and I am not stupid.  My time is valuable.  Stupid would be wasting what would otherwise be billable time, each hour of which generates more than the entire annual cost of the Evernote subscription, trying to get a discount that would net me less than a half hour's revenue.   Not only that, having Evernote increases my productivity which translates into direct revenue for me.  It seems to me only fair that I pay the full price for their product, one of the tools that allows me to generate full price for my product.

Vinnie

It's stupid to pay more than necessary.

Anyway - my point was not the price itself, but the way that the price is totally random. 

...Unless you are a loyal longtime customer who autorenews the subscription without any question, because then you always pay the highest price.

Well, let's agree to disagree.  I don't believe I am stupid for paying the full retail price.  MY point is that making a blanket statement like "It is stupid..." without any qualification or recognition that others may have a different opinion is, in my opinion (notice the qualification there?) rude.  And, also in my opinion, it decreases the enjoyment of sharing tips and experiences with other users here.

Vinnie

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, VincentC said:

Well, let's agree to disagree.  I don't believe I am stupid for paying the full retail price.  MY point is that making a blanket statement like "It is stupid..." without any qualification or recognition that others may have a different opinion is, in my opinion (notice the qualification there?) rude.  And, also in my opinion, it decreases the enjoyment of sharing tips and experiences with other users here.

Vinnie

Right! If it is worth X to you each month, you are 'stupid' (I don't like this wording) to pay 10 times X each month. If it is worth 10 times X and you only have to pay X, then it is totally worth it. I am in the last category. NOT happy, but júst happy enough, still worth it, otherwise I move on to another tool. 🙂 I may dislike moving to another tool, but however that is MY problem. Apparently my current tool doesn't support my usecase well enough. Tough, but a reality to accept: I am in a subdivision of users which the tool is NOT suitable for. Not the fault of Evernote. Not of me. But a fact of life! In that case, I cry a little, a smile a little, and I move on and tell my fellow users in a concrete, friendly way I'm leaving and why and then I join a new community. 

• Like 1