I seem to be running ok on Joplin, what is the process to cancel my EN account and getting a prorated refund. My subscription renewed in January and I wouldn't have paid $129 dollars if I knew they would take legacy away which by default made my phone and android tablet unable to be used?

I signed a full year believing I could use the product for a full year. It's not my fault of you make the product demand a higher operating system version than my devices use? Had they of told me that, I would have have signed.

It's like buying a car, and suddenly change the type of fuel it uses to something not at the stations in your area.

• Level 5

Nothing sudden here.

All legacy versions are deprecated since 2020, officially declared unsupported and „use at your own risk“. The minimum system requirements for v10 clients are the same for Windows, MacOS and iOS since release, and were improved by one year for Android in 2023.

Your renewal took place when all this was already known since 3 years. You decided freely to renew - so why granting a refund ?

Because some of us have day jobs and don't hang out in the EN forum all day. I was told after my first try at v10 to go back to legacy not knowing it would be cut off. Yes, I freely renewed my legacy subscription and would be asking for a refund if I could still use legacy until the end of my subscription, at that time they should have told me to upgrade or not be allowed to resubscribe to their "about to be turned off" version.

So a year ago the should have stopped legacy users from renewing their subscriptions and only allowed renewals through v10.

• Evernote Expert

My understanding is that pro-rated refunds are not offered. Cancel within 60 days and you get a full refund. Thereafter. Nothing.

Sorry

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010561808-Evernote-Refund-Policy

Having just read these Ts&C's there is the hint of a prorated refund in the event of a material change in the service offered. You'll have to make a case a see what the outcome is. I wouldn't hold my breath but you never know.

2 hours ago, agsteele said:

Having just read these Ts&C's there is the hint of a prorated refund in the event of a material change in the service offered.

Legacy was considered end of life for 3 years. OP will not get a refund, however they can probably do a chargeback if they don't care that their Evernote account and credit card will likely be banned.

Relying on dead software and paying for it knowingly for 3 years probably wasn't very smart. Better to build new workflows earlier than suffer later. I will never understand this resistance to change that so many people have and then assume they are entitled to something because they didn't keep up or cancel within the generous 60 day period for a full refund. Something that very few companies offer, most have a 10 or 14 day money back guarantee, some say try before you buy and no refunds. Evernote offers an essentially feature unlimited free plan with a content limit, a free trial for paid plans and a 60 day no questions asked money back guarantee.  

As an aside I'm still using the legacy taskbar on Windows 11 because I prefer it, but when Microsoft strips the code out I've already confirmed that I am ready to use the new taskbar if/when I am forced to. Change is everywhere, look at AI. When legacy was discontinued generative AI was never even a consideration, yet it's changed the world in less than 2 years.

• Level 5
3 hours ago, Soapm said:

Because some of us have day jobs and don't hang out in the EN forum all day. I was told after my first try at v10 to go back to legacy not knowing it would be cut off. Yes, I freely renewed my legacy subscription and would be asking for a refund if I could still use legacy until the end of my subscription, at that time they should have told me to upgrade or not be allowed to resubscribe to their "about to be turned off" version.

So a year ago the should have stopped legacy users from renewing their subscriptions and only allowed renewals through v10.

v10 is a complete, fully featured client, giving you access to your notes. At the time you decided to subscribe again it was for nearly 3 years the only supported access to the service. That was the package you subscribed to - whatever you decided to use beside it.

Nobody needed to tell you that your unsupported software will eventually fail - this was done in 2020, when it was deprecated.

You can ask support if they give you a refund. I doubt you can still withdraw the CC booking when it was done in January. It would be a breach of contract in any case.

We are talking maybe 40$/€ here that are on the line. If that's mission critical, maybe look for a better job (sorry, you asked for it).