printing date/time created & date/time modified for notes

this seems so obvious.  years ago you could do it.  not seeing when a note was created or modified HUGELY limits usefulness.  surely there is a way?

• bob aav changed the title to printing date/time created & date/time modified for notes
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, bob aav said:

this seems so obvious.  years ago you could do it.  not seeing when a note was created or modified HUGELY limits usefulness.  surely there is a way?

Ctrl+Shift+I

• Like 1

Thank you I know how to bring up the created and modified information which is what you noted. What I need to know is how to have the created and modified date and time print with the note

this feature used to be available.  it is never good to remove features.

you must be able to easily print date/time created and modified when you print a note.   Just add a check box in print dialog to print date/time modified & created!!

I use evernote for billing clients from notes taken on the job,  when i print them for billing i need the created/modified info to see what day/time/year is.  this is such an obvious feature.
-- 
  • Level 5

It is maybe obvious for your individual use case. Others may wish for other metadata.

Natural is none of these. The information is not visible when viewing the note - why should it be printed ?

You can add the actual date easily yourself to the note, there is even a keyboard shortcut for it. This way you don’t need to wait for a change that likely will never come

Because again: This is a very specific, narrow use case that hardly mandates a change for all users.

you make me think of a very good point. 

a better solution would be to in the settings setup of the notes, to have 2 check boxes, one each for time/date created & time/date modified.  both quite useful.  then as you point out, it would be printed since it was on the page.

(actually you noted the reverse that it would not be printed since it was not shown on the page).

• Level 5

We would have a discussion about overloading the UI again. The range goes from the „clean interfacers“ who want to see only the piece on which they are working to the „dashboarders“ who want all supporting information grouped around a tiny window in which they actually work. I exaggerate, but you get the idea.

Both created and edited date are visible in the notes list, which makes any view of them in the note a duplicate information. That’s why I don’t think we will see it.

thank you for your reply.

i am not a power user.   I just went to general settings, then notes.  there are not that many items in there and it is just a setup screen.  How does that really impact the UI when using it?  Am i misunderstanding you?

i attached a screenshot.

evernote settings.docx