Extremely Slow After 10.82.2 Update

After updating to Evernote version 10.82.2 on my Windows PC , I've encountered significant performance issues, with the application running exceptionally slow to the point of being unusable. Attempts to use Evernote through its web interface have similarly resulted in poor performance. Is there any solution? Is there a way to download an older version of Evernote?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Since v10 has to set up a new local management system on your device and download your entire database it can seem slow at first. 

Plus in the past year v10 has a new data structure to optimize automatic syncing. Notes originally created in Legacy take a few seconds to update to the new structure when they're loaded for the first time.

If you leave Evernote active for some while (possibly some hours) after updating it will catch up.  If it's still slow after that,  there's probably something wrong with the installation.  Mine works effectively on a 10-year-old laptop.

It's not advisable to downgrade your app,  but there is already a newer version - maybe download 10.83 from Evernote.com and try again?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, afelikian said:

After updating to Evernote version 10.82.2 on my Windows PC

Updated from what?  Another incarnation of V10 or legacy?

I have the same problem. After the update to 10.82.2 it is really bad. When I have opened a note, and it has loaded, adding a line of text takes 5-10 seconds - on a decent 4 yr old Lenovo X1. I totally breaks my line of thought.

I have had Evernote open constantly, so any sync. issues should have been fixed by now - please help, or I have to migrate somewhere else.

• Like 1

Latest version at evernote.com as of April 4 at 14:38 eastern time is version 10.83.5.  Apparently performance is better.  (I haven't had the problem so I cannot speak from experience.)

Vinnie

this slowness is a huge issue for me. I actually experienced it months ago. If i can't get this fixed, it's big enough for me to use something else. It's causing productivity issues.  Any advice? Should i reinstall the apps on my PC? I use the ios version on iPad and Iphone.

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, straightshooter said:

this slowness is a huge issue for me.

Hi.  What's your device and what number versions are your OS and Evernote app?  What kinds of slowness are you experiencing?

• Level 5*

Best I can offer is that is you recently updated to v10,  operations are slow for a while because it needs to set up a new infrastructure in your local storage and convert all previous notes (including some created in early v10 apps) into the current format.  There's a lot of set-up work which can make things extra slow for days or weeks after conversion (depending on how often and how long you have the app active for).  If after that time things are still slow,  then a reinstall may help - it's possible some data was corrupted somehow;  but you simply should not have an unworkably slow app. 

Contact Support too via https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us