Continuous searching feature in Legacy

New to the forums and moving this topic to the appropriate discussion area.

I found the searching feature in legacy where it continuously (dynamically?) searches as you type (without pressing enter) useful - is there a way to enable this in v10? 
  • Level 5*

Maybe it depends what you search for.  Going for "Asimov" on my system got me a few different views and would up with this - 

searchmenu.thumb.png.2be1e75b67faf0a301f68e9e31d88d93.png

- which lists both notes and notebooks which may be of interest.  If I choose one from the list I can go straight to that item,  or if I'm not sure which one I need I can just hit 'return' and get that list (and maybe more) as a search result.  Then I can scroll through all of them.  It's working for me...

Ah I figured out that the search was being conducted within a notebook. 

Now I can see a small list of results (about 5-10) changing without pressing enter. Legacy provides a list of all search results of every note meeting the search term continuously (as if you press entered in v10). 

Am I out of luck here and feedback@evernote.com is my only option?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, discreet said:

Am I out of luck here and feedback@evernote.com is my only option?

Not sure - what you see are the highest profile hits.  Hit return on the search - without selecting one of the listed items - and you'll get a results list of all the notes with your keywords or tags.

• Level 5

The list of proposals is dynamic - it will change with every additional letter you type. As long as you don't confirm your entry, it will wait for the next character to be entered.

Hitting ENTER confirms for the app that now the entering of search terms is finished, and search can begin in serious.

Sounds logical ...

You can choose as well one of the dynamic suggestions, and go there directly.

Try as well ctrl-Q (PC) / cmd-J (Mac) for an alternative to quickly locate a note you are searching.