App v. Web Internal Links

• Level 5

Ok, I give up: When am I supposed to use App v. Web Links? It can't possibly be that I need to select one or the other based on a guess whether I'll be clicking on the link from the EN app v. a browser. Forget for now that the links don't (for me and others) seem to work (they bring me back to the Home display in the Windows EN App), which do I choose just to get a link so I can jump from one EN to another the way I always did in legacy? 

TIA

1 hora atrás, jcnassoc disse:

Ok, I give up: When am I supposed to use App v. Web Links? It can't possibly be that I need to select one or the other based on a guess whether I'll be clicking on the link from the EN app v. a browser. Forget for now that the links don't (for me and others) seem to work (they bring me back to the Home display in the Windows EN App), which do I choose just to get a link so I can jump from one EN to another the way I always did in legacy? 

TIA

Option 1: Open the link wherever you are using Evernote, whether in the app or on the web
Option 2: Always open the link on the web.

Screenshot_1.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Awesome. Thank you for the clarification. 

Hopefully they will address the bug that sends us to the home screen instead soon. 

• 4 months later...
36 minutes ago, Cristiano478 said:

I'm using version 10.100 and I noticed that there is no longer a difference between the app link and the web link. Everything has been unified into one option.

You can still grab an app link using the shortcut ALT+CTRL+SHIFT+C... gold medal finger gymnastics! You can map the shortcut to other keys.

Doesn't work in 10.100.1 but it does in 10.100.3.

• Like 1