Price Hike is Outrageous! I Will Cancel My Subscription Unless...

....unless I can get an extension of my current price or a substantial discount! I got an email from Evernote on 3/21/24 saying that on 4/18/24 when my subscription comes up for renewal that I will be transitioned to an Evernote Personal from Evernote Plus, whether I want that or not. That is, I will be charged $130 a year instead of the $50 I've been paying. In other words, instead of rewarding a customer of NINE YEARS  I'm being given a 255% PRICE INCREASE for features I don't want or need!

• Like 2

This is crazy. I saw my bill went from $50.00 to 129.99.  I been with evernote for 12 years. I will cancel my subscription

• Like 1
  • Level 5
On 3/23/2024 at 3:53 PM, SCW said:

....unless I can get an extension of my current price or a substantial discount! I got an email from Evernote on 3/21/24 saying that on 4/18/24 when my subscription comes up for renewal that I will be transitioned to an Evernote Personal from Evernote Plus, whether I want that or not. That is, I will be charged $130 a year instead of the $50 I've been paying. In other words, instead of rewarding a customer of NINE YEARS  I'm being given a 255% PRICE INCREASE for features I don't want or need!

Welcome to the forums. It's other users here, not Evernote staff. Thanks for shouting, though; we might not have understood you otherwise. The Plus plan was discontinued 3 years ago. Meaning that for 3 years, you were getting a substantial discount. They allowed people who were on it to stay on it at the same price, but never said it would last forever. From Help & Learning (with my emphasis added):

You're still on your Evernote Plus plan, while it's available, as long as you maintain an active subscription. Note: This plan is no longer available for new subscriptions.

• Thanks 1

Disappointed!

This price increase is ridiculous! And on such short notice too.

I do not understand the remarks that other users make about being on a discount for 3 years, now validates an outrages price increase. This is driving 10+ years customers away. Especially when other suits provide similar functionality, it's not guaranteed that this money grabbing will be accepted. 

0 stars for this move @EverNote

• Like 3
  • Level 5

You get a 4 weeks heads up. If this is not enough, let the account drop to Free (no data lost, you just can’t add new notes), or subscribe monthly until you found a better solution.

Which you should do if your use case is rather light - the current subscriptions are designed for more intensive use

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You get a 4 weeks heads up. If this is not enough, let the account drop to Free (no data lost, you just can’t add new notes), or subscribe monthly until you found a better solution.

Which you should do if your use case is rather light - the current subscriptions are designed for more intensive use

So, you want my money, or not. You do not get even more out of me.

• Like 1
On 3/24/2024 at 1:46 PM, PinkElephant said:

You were on a grandfathered subscription. Be thankful for how long it lasted, now pay or leave.

It’s apparent you think you have the right to be a jerk, PinkElephant, being a Level 5 user and me being a lowly Level 1.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

You buy a subscription for a year. When the year is over, the money is consumed. Just that you paid (rightfully) just a fraction of what others paid, to keep the same service floating. What do you expect now, flowers ?

You have 4 weeks of lead - should be enough for anybody to find a solution.

49 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

You buy a subscription for a year. When the year is over, the money is consumed. Just that you paid (rightfully) just a fraction of what others paid, to keep the same service floating. What do you expect now, flowers ?

You have 4 weeks of lead - should be enough for anybody to find a solution.

I'm not arguing with your point, P.E. I understand completely. I'm saying comments like "Now pay or leave" are unnecessary and unfriendly.

• Like 2

i moved to Notion and canceled the renewal so i got put on the free plan and started receiving one year offers at 60% of the price (too late).