Slash / command and screen issue on Windows

Go to solution Solved by ForestD,

Hi all,

I got V10.81.4. installed (the one that lets us hide the Slash / Command reminder).

I was going to get into this Slash command when I noticed this:

If I don't use it but the "+" menu, I see this

image.thumb.png.11b1beef9ef6b3b4f3b50f731a74108a.png

All entries on the drop-down. Now, this is what I see using the slash command

image.png.432d5bf089eb0ca7fdf593aa265e4342.png

Please note that the last entry is Audio. And I cannot scroll down, neither with the mouse nor with the keyboard below that, so no code block etc.

If I am further down in a note then I get this:

image.png.32d7dd668d420bc49a73553bb6d9131e.png

which is now the lower part of the drop down and there is no way to scroll up in it, so Task (=Aufgabe) is not available.

Does anyone see the same issue?

Thanks.

• Solution

I don't think the slash commands are meant to be scrolled, they are meant to be filtered. You do a slash command when you know what you want to insert. So if you want a code block, you type '/cod' and then hit enter.

• Like 2

Ahhh, 

thank you! I will have to memorize them then. This is not how it works on Notion, but EN doesn't have to be like Notion.

It's not intuitive for me, but this is the least of my troubles.

Thanks again.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Razmataz said:

Hi all,

I got V10.81.4. installed (the one that lets us hide the Slash / Command reminder).

I was going to get into this Slash command when I noticed this:

If I don't use it but the "+" menu, I see this

image.thumb.png.11b1beef9ef6b3b4f3b50f731a74108a.png

All entries on the drop-down. Now, this is what I see using the slash command

image.png.432d5bf089eb0ca7fdf593aa265e4342.png

Please note that the last entry is Audio. And I cannot scroll down, neither with the mouse nor with the keyboard below that, so no code block etc.

If I am further down in a note then I get this:

image.png.32d7dd668d420bc49a73553bb6d9131e.png

which is now the lower part of the drop down and there is no way to scroll up in it, so Task (=Aufgabe) is not available.

Does anyone see the same issue?

Thanks.

No, I don't see this on my windows client, I consistently receive the entire list regardless of the cursor position in the note

• Like 1

Thank you @eric99. Possibly, it has to do with my scaling of the screen (due to eyesight issues). I use 150%, the Windows recommendation for scaling. Or with the screen size.

I suspect that you don't need that and are on 100%, or use a larger screen. Is that correct?

I came to this conclusion when I saw on my laptop that the drop down list can cut an entry in half.

Again, not a big issue as per the response by @Boot17.

What it is though, is sloppy programming. On Windows this problem can be (and most other software does that) prevented easily, by allowing scrolling of the list.

Referring to another thread in which "agile development" was used to describe the development style of EN by @PinkElephant: this is not "agile", it is "quick and dirty".

1 hour ago, Razmataz said:

Thank you @eric99. Possibly, it has to do with my scaling of the screen (due to eyesight issues). I use 150%, the Windows recommendation for scaling. Or with the screen size.

I suspect that you don't need that and are on 100%, or use a larger screen. Is that correct?

I came to this conclusion when I saw on my laptop that the drop down list can cut an entry in half.

Again, not a big issue as per the response by @Boot17.

What it is though, is sloppy programming. On Windows this problem can be (and most other software does that) prevented easily, by allowing scrolling of the list.

Referring to another thread in which "agile development" was used to describe the development style of EN by @PinkElephant: this is not "agile", it is "quick and dirty".

Unfortunately, many developers these days perceive agile as a way to rush development without proper planning or testing, leading to buggy software.

• Like 1