other 'short-ings' of EN10

For the reason that Evernote is for us the most complete solution, in the way that we use is, we need to find again and again how to best use it.
Since our start back in 2012 we had a not so easy and ongoing bumpy relation with EN - a sort of 'love-hate' or 'don't want it but cannot doe without'.

So … it is what it is I'm afraid, need to make the best of it.

Still, if there ar ways to mak functionality better, I am all in!

herby a few more things I miss in EN and get annoyed  by its absence:

• in version 7 it was possible to edit the change-date. when you start a new date this is the same as the creation date. this is now no longer possible 
    • se use this to edit notes for typing-errors made by team-members. this of course can still be done, but it changes the date. It is not nice for our customers to see a note on a different time and date, especially when we edit sometimes a day later or somewhere in the future.
  • adding colour to text:
    • the standard colourpanel of macOS (shift-cmd-C) no longer works! instead it is hidden in a menu and cannot be accessed with a key-combination

Folks at Evernote: learn this lesson now!: Why change something that isn't broken? And if you do need to change it, make it even better, not worse!
(this has been the argument we had with EN over the many years, so I actually do not expect changes … unfortunately)

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Joostje said:

And if you do need to change it, make it even better, not worse!

This is a very independent/personal opinion. For me V10 is waaaaay better than legacy ever was. It goes back to the years old argument/complaints about v10 or Legacy - of which there are many many many posts about already.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, buckethead said:

This is a very independent/personal opinion. For me V10 is waaaaay better than legacy ever was. It goes back to the years old argument/complaints about v10 or Legacy - of which there are many many many posts about already.

For me too. It took me many months to adapt to v10 at first and there are still things I miss about Legacy (for me it's multiple tabs (only on Mac), changing the modify date, speed), but overall v10 is a better product and I wouldn't go back to Legacy if it would mean missing out on all the things in v10 that I really like.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, buckethead said:

… could be, but I do not follow that. I only look at what I see and experience, in comparison to how worked about 1 week ago (we managed to hang on to version 7).

The argument is not so much for or against, but rather: if you change something, put something in its place that works better. So, doe not cancel functionality, but replace with better.

• Level 5

There is no contradiction between offering a better package, and not offering a few functions. V10 overall is the far better package, but if any of the features reduced compared to legacy is important for your individual use cases, it is regarded as a loss. Since users are different and use cases are different, nobody can tell how far the impact goes.

What can be said for sure: Anybody coming now from legacy will first feel missing features. Nobody who was on legacy until now had any time to explore the new, better features and adapt the own workflows, or even generate new ones. Because these features didn’t exist on legacy, there was no possibility to use them. This perception will change over time, when adaption and new possibilities kick in.

Many making the switch will have the subjective impression of something lost, even when the objective package he gets in exchange is far better.

• Like 1