Evernote Android turns phone view into landscape mode

Does anyone has this issue too?

I have locked my phone (Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra with Android 14 and ONE UI 6.0) into portrait mode, so that even when I turn my phone accidentally in horizontal, every app shouldn't turn but remain in portrait mode.

So far so good, works fine with every app on my phone ... except of Evernote (version 10.81.0 from update today):

Although my phone is locked in portrait mode and I turn my phone accidentally horizontal, then the Evernote app turns it's view, too!

But I haven't set at my phone this automatic turn of view!

Do you have this phenomenon (Android)?

Screenshot_20240321_143120_Evernote.jpg

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Yes, there is a long-running thread about it:

I filed a support ticket last year, and they said they were passing it on to the developers. When nothing happened, I asked again last month and was told "Rest assured, your concern has been noted and reported to our developers. While we may not have an immediate solution at hand, please know that we're working hard to prevent any such issues from arising in the future. Enhancing the user experience of Evernote remains a top priority for us." So blah blah, but they do know about it and are working on it, but no way of knowing how soon it will be fixed.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, that was exactly the words I received yesterday from support 🙄

1 year is your support request now old and they have done NOTHING since 1 year?? What a shame!

• Like 1
On 3/21/2024 at 2:37 PM, BEHA said:

Do you have this phenomenon (Android)?

No, works on my Samsung Galaxy S23 with Android-Version 14 and One UI-Vesion 6.0 with Evernote version 10.81.0.

3 hours ago, ChristianJB said:

No, works ...

what is "working"?
The auto-rotation although (!) the auto-rotation is locked (!) in portrait (!) format?

25 minutes ago, BEHA said:

what is "working"?
The auto-rotation although (!) the auto-rotation is locked (!) in portrait (!) format?

No, I don't have this phenomenon and it works as expected, if I lock my S23 in portrait mode and turn my phone horizontal, then the EN app does not turn it's view, it is locked.

• Level 5
6 hours ago, ChristianJB said:

No, I don't have this phenomenon and it works as expected, if I lock my S23 in portrait mode and turn my phone horizontal, then the EN app does not turn it's view, it is locked.

Very interesting. It seems to be a really random phenomenon (which of course would make it harder to fix). It doesn't happen to me every time, not even every day, but often enough to be annoying. I find that force-closing the Evernote app and starting it again fixes it for the time being.

• Like 1

The answer that I got today from support:

We have already passed it on to our developers for further investigation.

Please note that the lifetime of a bugfix can vary significantly depending on a multitude of factors, including its reproducibility, severity, and complexity, and it usually requires a thorough analysis, testing, and monitoring. That is to say, while our developers are actively working on it, releasing a fix can take a while, and therefore, we currently don't have an ETA to provide.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Your issue has been flagged and forwarded to our developers. The information you provided will assist them in identifying the cause and working towards a fix. Currently, there's nothing more we can actively do.

• Haha 1