Will my notes from 12 years ago be deleted with the free plan?

Hello

Due to the price increase, this year I cannot afford to pay the 50% increase compared to last year and I have a free account as of today. At the moment I have more than 2000 notes.

How long can I keep my account without my notes being deleted?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Your notes will not be deleted.  Evernote haven't commented on how long that situation will continue,  but I'd say you have at least a year.  You'll be able to export your notes if you wish to ENEX, HTML or PDF files.  Other note-taking apps will be able to import some or all of those if you wish to change provider.  If you have more questions about the details of how to go about any of this,  feel free to ask here.

18 minutos atrás, gazumped disse:

Hi.  Your notes will not be deleted.  Evernote haven't commented on how long that situation will continue,  but I'd say you have at least a year.  You'll be able to export your notes if you wish to ENEX, HTML or PDF files.  Other note-taking apps will be able to import some or all of those if you wish to change provider.  If you have more questions about the details of how to go about any of this,  feel free to ask here.

I honestly don't think Evernote will ever delete any of a user's notes. Blocking the creation of new notes or editing is fine, but deleting is out of the question.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I simply have no information about what Evernote's long term plans are,  and I have no wish to inform a user that they'll be fine leaving their notes where they are,  only to find they get a 1 month notice sometime soon.  I'm simply saying that the OP (IMHO) is fine for at least a year - maybe longer.

Evernote would not delete notes without warning,  but they may decide at some stage that if an account hasn't been accessed in a while it will go to offline archival storage.  Evernote can only send information to the last email address they have,  so make sure your address is kept up to date!

• Level 5

From the official Help page:

I’m an existing Evernote Free user with more than fifty notes and one notebook. What will happen to my data?

In keeping with Evernote’s 3 Laws of Data Protection, and to ensure that all users retain full ownership of their data, any Free user who currently has more than fifty notes and one notebook will still be able to view, edit, export, share, and delete existing notes and notebooks. 

Note that there is no time limit expressed.