Note scrolling lag?

Hello!

For the last day or two I have been noticing some lag when I scroll longer notes. Nothing too long but, for example, I am scrolling a plain text note now that has about 2500 words in it. As I scroll down the note the screen is blank and it takes anywhere from 1-3 seconds for the text to load. This is a note I have looked at a half dozen times in the last few months so it's definitely converted to RTE by now....

Is anybody else having this trouble? I haven't noted any other slow downs in my wifi signal with other apps, but could this be the problem? The time lag is not significant but just something I had not noticed before today. Thanks!

EDIT: Noticed after I posted that this is happening not just with the note contents but also notes list in the sidebar and home. Tried restarting Evernote. Running the latest version downloaded yesterday. Not sure if I should escalate this and delete the whole program and reinstall. Thanks if anyone has thoughts.

• Level 5

Could it be we have different versions of the same program ?

You got the slow code, I got the fast version ?

1) OP is asking for scrolling in a note with 2.500 words. Your answer is that scrolling with the left hand side bar would be slow. Find the mistake (the scroll bar for the note text is to the right, if it is that what you tried to express).

2) Just created a note with nearly 8.000 words. Scrolling is very fast, both inside of the text and using the scroll bars. The platform is nothing fancy, a pretty basic Mac mini M1.

3) That notes need a few seconds to load is a sign they had to be converted from legacy data to v10 data. If notes are opened switching old and new clients, it gets worse: The conversion needs to be done every time. We advise against using legacy and v10 clients on the same account for that reason.

4) After installing v10 for the first time, the local database needs to be build. While the data is not fully downloaded yet, it is practically a browser version that needs to draw content from the server. Keep the client running in the background for several days (depending on data volume, internet connection, sort of PC etc.). It will continue downloading and arranging the local database.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, JDCis said:

Running the latest version downloaded yesterday.

Setting up sounds like an answer to me too. Also if you have an issue please contact Support - they were buried with enquiries,  but now seem to be coming out of it;  even if the issue is fixed it's useful for them to know that this sort of thing still happens.  If you don't see any improvement it is worth trying a clean reinstall - Support will suggest it anyway.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, JDCis said:

Hello!

For the last day or two I have been noticing some lag when I scroll longer notes. Nothing too long but, for example, I am scrolling a plain text note now that has about 2500 words in it. As I scroll down the note the screen is blank and it takes anywhere from 1-3 seconds for the text to load. This is a note I have looked at a half dozen times in the last few months so it's definitely converted to RTE by now....

On my Windows client, I conducted a test with a note containing 198,000 words (1,160,364 characters). Anywhere in the text, scrolling was very responsive, comparable to that of a shorter note. However, it’s important to mention that initial loading such an extensive note took 16 seconds.

edit: tested on a 8 year old pc upgraded to 16 GB ram and 1TB SSD

• Thanks 1