Has the android widget problems been fixed?

Hello,

I had a problem with the widget quick notes not saving. Downgrading to the legacy fixed this problem (it also helped drastically reduce load times and sped up that app to top speed) and made overall Evernote experience a lot better. Now Evernote is discontinuing legacy in march, my question have they fixed those issues?

Maybe they can make a evernote light version for people that just want a note taking app? All the bloat they have added has really kneecapped a once great  speedy  simple app. 

• Level 5

Can you say a little more about what happens with widget notes not saving? I haven't experienced that myself.

"Just a note taking app" abounds on Android, and if that's all someone needs (no cross-platform usability, no attachments that get OCRed, etc.), Evernote may indeed ey too much. But I doubt if Evernote will try to duplicate the lighter-weight apps themselves.

I am having a problem saving the widget icon on my screen. I touch and hold the Evernote icon, select widget, then I select the "Evernote actions" icon and move it to a open position on my screen. The widget settings screen comes up with multiple options. I select simple note or blank note, then "Done". The widget icon disappears...  It did work on older versions of Evernote but has not worked for about 6 months.

Pixel 8, Android 14. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BlueBiker said:

I am having a problem saving the widget icon on my screen. I touch and hold the Evernote icon, select widget, then I select the "Evernote actions" icon and move it to a open position on my screen. The widget settings screen comes up with multiple options. I select simple note or blank note, then "Done". The widget icon disappears...  It did work on older versions of Evernote but has not worked for about 6 months.

Pixel 8, Android 14. 

I have the same problem with the 1x1 widget on a Pixel 5

This probably won't help, but in case it does...

I have the 3x2 "Action Bar" widget set up on my Pixel 6.   It works fine.  Yes, it takes a bit of screen real estate but, to my surprise, I find I  use those other buttons quite a lot.  Turns out that it is really handy for me.

So, you might give it a try...  you might be surprised by how helpful the additional functionality is.

Vinnie

9 hours ago, VincentC said:

This probably won't help, but in case it does...

I have the 3x2 "Action Bar" widget set up on my Pixel 6.   It works fine.  Yes, it takes a bit of screen real estate but, to my surprise, I find I  use those other buttons quite a lot.  Turns out that it is really handy for me.

So, you might give it a try...  you might be surprised by how helpful the additional functionality is.

Vinnie

Thanks Vinnie, I'll give it a try...

Dave

• 2 months later...

Same problem for me. Select widget > drag to home screen > configure > done...nothing happens...no widget, icon, shortcut, nothing...

evernoteProblem.png.dd3c705d6287320217dda7cf658a380a.png