Adding templates in a new note does not work

When I create a new note and click on the button "weitere hinzufügen" (German), to add a template like "weekly plan" oder any other, then ... nothing happens, nothing is added, the note stays empty.

Pay attention to my first screenshot, what button I have used!!

So adding templates from the "recommended templates" does not work at all.

Latest Evernote for Windows Desktop, Personal plan, latest update:
10.78.2-win-ddl-public (20240227143346)
Editor: V 177.5.0
Service: V 1.94.2

en2.jpg

en1.jpg

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, BEHA said:

No, I don't mean the "gallery", I mean the button as shown in the first screenshot!

Sorry - I don't know where your button is coming from;  I'll let my German speaking colleagues have a look...

1 minute ago, gazumped said:

Sorry - I don't know where your button is coming from;  I'll let my German speaking colleagues have a look...

This button from my first screenshot is there when you create a new empty note, using the latest Evernote version (see my signature) at a Windows 10 prof. Desktop computer.

• Level 5*

Well here's a development - I clicked 'Weekly planner' which didn't obviously work so clicked some others.  And then...

20240228-2.png.04e1c2d87f98caa424e0490f16b872b7.png

-which co-incidentally kicked me out of syncing too.  If I click the 'planner button,  that template is what I get.

• Level 5*

...and I killed my VPN again (Evernote was allegedly on split tunnelling but seems not to like it...)

If you click the 'add more' button you see those templates highlighted in blue.  Click a template and its button disappears from the note options.

- Something I didn't know about notes until now!

Sadly,  no way to add your own suggested templates into the 'add more' options... <_<

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, BEHA said:

Yes, that's exactly the problem

...but there is an option to save notes as templates,  and the Gallery has a 'my templates' tab which stays open by default  - that's one reason why I never got any further with the 'more' options.  I've been routinely creating project notes (for instance) from Open Gallery > New Project in a couple of seconds...

18 hours ago, gazumped said:

...but there is an option to save notes as templates,  and the Gallery has a 'my templates' tab which stays open by default...

No, look at my 2nd screenshot above:

under the button "add more" are NOT own templates, the headline in the popup is "recommended templates" (translated from German)

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, BEHA said:

under the button "add more" are NOT own templates

I understand that - what I'm saying is that you can save a note as a template and find it again under the 'Gallery' button.

Or create a note to use as a custom template, call it a template and put it in a template folder.  Then when you want to use the custom template, open it, duplicate it, rename it appropriate to whatever you are doing today, and start typing.

Vinnie

1 hour ago, VincentC said:

Or create a note to use as a custom template, call it a template and put it in a template folder.

Sorry, but what you describe has nothing to do with my issue:

adding templates via the button "add more" (!!!!!!) does not work at all.

See my first post!

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, BEHA said:

adding templates via the button "add more" (!!!!!!) does not work at all.

That option is a promotion for a limited number of templates created by various Evernote Experts.  It does work - see my earlier posts;  for those specific templates you can add an extra button to include the template from the new note body.  It's not possible to include your own options.

The Gallery button takes you to a window where you can choose standard options or add your own creations.

All of that works - It's not very useful,  but it works.  If you have a preference for something else,  what process would you prefer? 

Again:

this is not the problem!!!

The problem is, that clicking on "add more" and choosing an EXISTING template, NO MATTER WHAT TEMPLATE, then it does NOTHING!

Nothing is inserted in the note!

It's a technical bug, it has nothing to do WHAT template I choose 🙄

I have simply taken the time to suggest an approach that works for me.  If my approach does not meet your needs, so be it.  

Might I humbly suggest that, if you are actually interested in getting some assistance with your question, you use the phrase "thank you" more, and use CAPS and exclamation points less?   It might result in you being added to fewer ignore lists.

Good luck.

Vinnie