Evernote stop working with M2 Macs

Since last month, evernote in my M2 Macs stopped working. It just crashes, no matter what. I have being in contact with support, but all the solutions did not work. Adding to this, Evernote unilaterally cancelled my paid subscription, several months before the next payment was due. Finally, the system does not allow to directly contact support, since it changes the email (deleting the "o" from a gmail.com account). 

Thanks. Not that I'm surprised. Probably lack of testing in different environments. But to be fair, fatal errors like these were fixed pretty quickly by BS in the past. 

PS.: if it is Evernote related...

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, JorgeZajgla said:

Evernote unilaterally cancelled my paid subscription

Hi.  If support isn't helping you,  please tell them that.  I don't understand the issue with Gmail - that's the service I use and I've had no issues contacting them when necessary...  and as to cancelling - how did this happen?  I've never seen someone's account be closed without their direct intervention - or a card going out of date...

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
9 hours ago, T600 said:

Same problem here on M3 Mac.

Try a 'clean' reinstall?  Sign out of Evernote and remove your database from the device. Uninstall with Appcleaner and power device off and back on.  Re-download (from Evernote.com) / reinstall.

• Level 5

I run EN on several Macs, ranging from a MBP 15“ (2018) over a MacMini M1 to a MBP 14“ M2 Max. All are on Sonoma, and the latest EN client.

No issues at all.

To avoid problems this is my short list:

Do not use the AppStore version. Period, I don‘t discuss this. The AppStore version is the same software, but is executed in a sandbox. It creates problems, especially in all interactions with the OS.

If using the direct install from the website, and there are problems like not starting, or permanently high CPU usage, log out (if possible) and make a full uninstall using AppCleaner. Then restart the Mac, and install again from the EN website. Open, log in. Now let the app run in the background (or use it, doesn‘t matter) for quite a while to allow it to download the database again from the server.

In the usual updating process I don‘t have problems. If an update is offered by the app, I update. If I know there is an update (solving an issue), i simply get the installer from the website and install it on top of the existing install.

• Like 1

Been there done that

No solution

Best

"To avoid problems this is my short list:

Do not use the AppStore version. Period, I don‘t discuss this. The AppStore version is the same software, but is executed in a sandbox. It creates problems, especially in all interactions with the OS.

If using the direct install from the website, and there are problems like not starting, or permanently high CPU usage, log out (if possible) and make a full uninstall using AppCleaner. Then restart the Mac, and install again from the EN website. Open, log in. Now let the app run in the background (or use it, doesn‘t matter) for quite a while to allow it to download the database again from the server.

In the usual updating process I don‘t have problems. If an update is offered by the app, I update. If I know there is an update (solving an issue), i simply get the installer from the website and install it on top of the existing install."