Evernote Legacy Locked Prior to Official Decommissioning 23 March 2024

I was unable to sync Evernote from my Windows desktop legacy app since yesterday.

After I signed out, I was unable to sign in again.

When I tried to login to the app, I got the following error message:

"Can't connect to server. Please try again later."

It is my suspicion that my account has been purposely locked out by Evernote although I still have some 20 notes to upsync.

Evernote said that the official decommission date is 23 March 2024.

Can anyone kindly provide me with some help so that I can upsync my notes?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote finally lost patience after maintaining compatibility with the deprecated app for several years.  Your account won't have been singled out - Evernote is working on servers,  and everyone on Legacy and connected to your server will be having issues. 

Access may come back,  but worst case - export your unsynced notes to one or more ENEX files and re-import via v10.  If you've not yet installed v10 - go ahead and do that:  it will convert your existing database (including unsynced notes) automatically.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Access may come back

Evernote may have been working on one of their servers,  so it's quite possible that access will come back.

• Like 1

I have just successfully logged in and upsynced my unsync notes. Thank you.

But it worked ONCE only. Subsequent sync is again not allowed.

Evernote suggested that I install the legacy app V.7.14, mine is V.6.25. The ticket email said:

"We strongly recommend synchronizing all your notes as soon as possible, as by March 23, these legacy apps will be discontinued as well."

• Level 5

Maybe they just got your OS wrong: 6.25 is the latest legacy client on Windows, 7.14 is the latest on MacOS.

For both platforms, only 10.77 or above will be a safe bet for continued syncing and function.