What's the fastest way to add a note on the latest Android version?

The notice that the legacy app is being killed just went out.

My favorite legacy feature is the ability to start a note from the notification bar (see attached):

Is there a way to do this in the latest version?

I am definitely not interested in the corresponding home screen widget action. That would be too hard to find with all of my home screens and all of my widgets. I also don't want to minimize my apps first.

I need to be able to create a note fast - no matter where I'm at on my phone. That's why the notification bar was perfect for that.

I will have to leave Evernote if this feature is not implemented or if there isn't an option that is at least as fast as this:

1. Swipe down notification bar
  2. Tap add note

Home Screen widget (for comparison)

1. Minimize current app
  2. Find the home screen where the Evernote widget lives by swiping to the specific home screen containing it
  3. Find the widget in the grid
  4. Tap widget

I just don't need the extra steps to do something so simple.

I'll probably forget half my notes while I try to find the widget if I have to do it this way.

That makes Evernote a really bad tool for capturing ideas.

quick_note.jpg

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm not sure what sort of a response you're hoping for - the existing app will stop working in a month.  You can then either only access your notes through a browser (difficult on a phone) or the v10 app. 

Why not just download it and see what the experience is like?  You'll either be reluctantly prepared to accept is for the time being,  or totally unsatisfied and look for something else.  (Your 'phone needs Android 9 or 10 to be able to run the app...)

You do have access to your account by email,  and I tend to send everything from my (Android 8 ) phone that way now.  Just create a new email to your Evernote address - it's even possible to add @Notebook #Tag and !Reminder details too...

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005347-Save-emails-into-Evernote

• Level 5
4 hours ago, krafty said:

The notice that the legacy app is being killed just went out.

My favorite legacy feature is the ability to start a note from the notification bar (see attached):

Is there a way to do this in the latest version?

That was probably the first thing that everyone complained about when v. 10 for Android first came out. I know I did. And sadly, it has not been implemented as of now. The Android app as such has been neglected, IMHO, while they've worked on back-end matters and desktop-specific or general upgrades and features.

Evernote is pretty much always close by in my recent apps, and using that to get to it and start a note might be faster than using the home screen widget. (I've got a Samsung S22 Ultra with edge access, and I keep an Evernote shortcut there too.)

• Like 1